• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
3 minutes ago, Jamie68 said:

Sounds like she really loves you. Our wives are going through a huge change along with us. Their thoughts and emotions are going to change just like ours. ❤️

@KymmieL I agree with Jamie.  I think your wife is struggling but trying.

last night we went to a holiday potluck for all ages in our support group.  My wife didn’t really want to go but she did it for me.  Afterwards she admitted she enjoyed it.   I was surprised by the young teens group.  They were all happy and interacting.  There was a clothing exchange and they were quick to go through the clothes and pick out things.  One parent brought Ornaments for them to decorate.  When offered the chance they all got up and proceeded to do that too.  I guess I was a bit envious of them also.  I never had the opportunity to be them at their age.

Yes, I am a girl watcher.  Some is envy over the things they can wear that I can’t, or that I missed being like they are when I was their age.  But at least I figured it out and I’m happy now.

hugs

Willow

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/17/2021 at 4:18 PM, AgnesBardsie said:

I don’t know how you can make the case for being anti vaxx and pro life. Seems like a bona fide pro life position would be concerned about the elderly and infirm catching Covid and dying a gruesome death on a ventilator. 

I read a fascinating article the other day about the “science” behind the assumptions everyone is making.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-teeny-tiny-scientific-screwup-that-helped-covid-kill/?aud_dev=21q4&fbclid=IwAR2WqNWiEXOR9_-4E4ppufGGfLL1lz8p0GbU0j-XWVfFYsL1_bI9s5R6YxM&kwp_0=2050458&mbid=paid-auddev&utm_campaign=paid-auddev-21q4-arbitrage&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Ever wonder where ideas like the 6ft rule and the 5 micron boundary between droplets and aerosols originated? This is a fascinating journey through footnotes in out of date books from the 40’s and 50’s weaving through the “debunked” miasma of historical lore regarding the spread of contagion like mal-aria, defense treatises on chemical warfare, and the blind unquestioned repetition of a sacrosanct number by global authorities, the Herculean effort required to overturn “settled science,” and the impact of dogmatic resistance to change on the lives of millions of innocent people.

Well maybe I’m being a bit hyperbolic, but not by much. This is how we end up with “armed” camps waging Twitter wars, armed with facts from their “trusted” sources. 

They say “trust the science.” I would agree if that was limited to the “scientific method,” but not to “trust the scientists“.

Hoo boy. Ok time to take my tranqs.

Riveting article, @AgnesBardsie . Thank goodness for people who relentlessly seek the truth rather than sitting on their laurels blindly regurgitating not necessarily substantiated dogma. Academics is rarely glamorous, but it sure can be dramatic! 

Ended up calling the cops,theif broke in and stolen the battery out of my John Deere 4020 tractor.I have cameras and know a neighbor's son did,cop that came out seen the video and has arrested him before.Plus his mom isn't too happy he has done this.She has been helping the cop out and knows where it is.

• Forum Moderator

I am not surprised you pressed charges.  We have been lucky on the farm (knock on wood).  I had a kid cut maple tubing but just asked the cops to talk to him.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Thanks all for the information. I do get that feeling from the wife.

I am totally a girl watcher. Hell I am a lesbian so that explains it. LOL. But it used to be wanting to be with them. Now it is have a body like theirs and wear the clothes.

Kymmie

5 hours ago, Charlize said:

I am not surprised you pressed charges.  We have been lucky on the farm (knock on wood).  I had a kid cut maple tubing but just asked the cops to talk to him.

Hugs,

Charlize

He has been caught several times and questioning him on a couple more thefts.This tractor is so special to me,recieved it as my high school graduation gift.A retired farmer knew I liked it and was going to college becoming a heavy and farm equipment mechanic.Knew I love John Deere too

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

Yes, this is such an intriguing article.  Thank you @AgnesBardsie.

It's quite late in the evening, but I just got back home from my sister's place. She wanted to do a little slightly-belated birthday thing for me (weekends are more convenient as she has two rambunctious little ones, a 1- and a 3-year-old, on top of her day job). My brother's back in town for the holidays now, too, so he was there as well.

I'd honestly been really dreading this specific birthday in particular. For multiple reasons. And I don't know, maybe it's because my expectations were so low to begin with, but ultimately, it all ended up surprisingly pleasant - both the actual day-of earlier in the week, and today's "observed" day. 🥰

I even wound up helping put my nieces to bed. That's kind of significant because usually when I'm there, the presence of guests seems to keep them all the more riled up than usual (which is saying a lot at their ages!) so typically I hold back at their bedtime hoping that will make it a little less impossible for them to settle down. But this time, the way things played out (it's always "controlled chaos" at best whenever little ones are involved!) my lending a hand made them more willing to stop playing and actually start bedtime routines. And after helping out with the rest of the bedtime stuff, the 3-year-old asked me to read her bedtime stories. She fell asleep a little more than halfway through "Twas The Night Before Christmas" 😊

I'n not out to any of them yet, so I was still in "uncle <deadname>" guy-mode the whole time. (And I even almost started re-believing the facade myself at a couple points. Stupid self-doubt!) But after the kids were asleep, I did get to share with my sister a TV show that my girl-side has recently gotten hooked on ("Bunheads", on Hulu). I thought it'd be something she'd like too, and she did. It was nice :)

7 hours ago, Jani said:

Yes, this is such an intriguing article.  Thank you @AgnesBardsie.

I really liked the article, too. I've bookmarked it to share with others.

It did kind of give me some flashbacks to my old software development days with some of the frustrations involved (albiet with far, far less at stake in my case), but that's all the more reason that well-articulated real-world stories like this need to be told and shared.

Good morning everyone,

I had myself quit a weekend. We had planed to have ourselves a small get together on Saturday but 3/4 of the guest called out at the last minute. Literally just when I was starting to cook dinner. We decided to put it off until Sunday to see if more people could make it. To say the least I was upset about it. We had this planned for well over a month.  And even though my kitchen remodel isn't done I got up early on Saturday and did a thorough cleaning and organizing to the entire house and then (literally when I was starting to cook) to be told it was going to be postponed....😥. And, none of my friends could make it on Sunday but none of them could tell me in a timely fashion. One sent me a message 2-1/2 hours after the fact to say "sorry I got tied up". The others just ghosted me.  Dinner still went over pretty good. I like being the hostess and love the challenge of trying to get everything prepared and on the table at the same time. I'm even OK with the cleanup afterwards. I was distraught that I had cooked enough for over a dozen people to have only four show up.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

coffee if hot and bold.  Well that dang cold front finally got here .  Started blowing late yesterday afternoon, all night and still this morning.  Now I slept through most of it but my wife didn’t. She was awake all night.  There are lots of noises when the wind gets this strong and the boat shakes.  But that puts me to sleep.  

plans for the day include laundry, groceries, and an errand or two, IF she’s up to it.  

Holly, Sorry about your battery theft.  At least you caught the kid and got your battery back. 

hugs

Willow

1 hour ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Good morning everyone,

I had myself quit a weekend. We had planed to have ourselves a small get together on Saturday but 3/4 of the guest called out at the last minute. Literally just when I was starting to cook dinner. We decided to put it off until Sunday to see if more people could make it. To say the least I was upset about it. We had this planned for well over a month.  And even though my kitchen remodel isn't done I got up early on Saturday and did a thorough cleaning and organizing to the entire house and then (literally when I was starting to cook) to be told it was going to be postponed....😥. And, none of my friends could make it on Sunday but none of them could tell me in a timely fashion. One sent me a message 2-1/2 hours after the fact to say "sorry I got tied up". The others just ghosted me.  Dinner still went over pretty good. I like being the hostess and love the challenge of trying to get everything prepared and on the table at the same time. I'm even OK with the cleanup afterwards. I was distraught that I had cooked enough for over a dozen people to have only four show up.

Trying to get anyone together anymore is difficult, especially this time of year. I really don't get though how they can think it's ok to not let you know they're not showing up or being late in time for you to prepare. It's just plain RUDE! I'm glad you had a good time in spite of it. I've noticed that common courtesy has almost become a thing of the past. I miss it.

19 hours ago, HollyNG said:

It does suck,a month old and got it back.Found it at my neighbor's in a pile of other batteries reported stolen.Did press charges too

Sorry to hear about you're battery. Glad you got it back. Sorry to say I was one of those troubled kids that stole and damaged stuff. I wish I wasn't. I was angry at the world and God. It's too bad that we can't go back and change what we did. I have many regrets. I feel much pain for the things I've done. At least I am a much better person now. 

• Forum Moderator

Stuffy nose, had to breathe through my mouth to sleep last night.  Cat always sleeps on my head.  Woke up with a dry mouth full of cat hair! 😛  Blech!

My new regime of anti-inflammatory meds and lubrication seem to be helping my post-op pain.  If I could just shake this stupid cold, I could get back to walking off some of the unflattering weight I've gained.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

Dinner still went over pretty good. I like being the hostess and love the challenge of trying to get everything prepared and on the table at the same time. I'm even OK with the cleanup afterwards. I was distraught that I had cooked enough for over a dozen people to have only four show up.

Lizzy, I'm sorry that most of your guests bailed on you for this dinner. Except for the one who seems to be ghosting you, the other's should still have a chance to make it up to you. The four that showed up surely made for a close comfortable conversation fun and delightful.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

On 12/17/2021 at 3:18 PM, AgnesBardsie said:

I don’t know how you can make the case for being anti vaxx and pro life. Seems like a bona fide pro life position would be concerned about the elderly and infirm catching Covid and dying a gruesome death on a ventilator. 

I read a fascinating article the other day about the “science” behind the assumptions everyone is making.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-teeny-tiny-scientific-screwup-that-helped-covid-kill/?aud_dev=21q4&fbclid=IwAR2WqNWiEXOR9_-4E4ppufGGfLL1lz8p0GbU0j-XWVfFYsL1_bI9s5R6YxM&kwp_0=2050458&mbid=paid-auddev&utm_campaign=paid-auddev-21q4-arbitrage&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Ever wonder where ideas like the 6ft rule and the 5 micron boundary between droplets and aerosols originated? This is a fascinating journey through footnotes in out of date books from the 40’s and 50’s weaving through the “debunked” miasma of historical lore regarding the spread of contagion like mal-aria, defense treatises on chemical warfare, and the blind unquestioned repetition of a sacrosanct number by global authorities, the Herculean effort required to overturn “settled science,” and the impact of dogmatic resistance to change on the lives of millions of innocent people.

Well maybe I’m being a bit hyperbolic, but not by much. This is how we end up with “armed” camps waging Twitter wars, armed with facts from their “trusted” sources. 

They say “trust the science.” I would agree if that was limited to the “scientific method,” but not to “trust the scientists“.

Hoo boy. Ok time to take my tranqs.

Thanks for posting This Agnes. I had been wondering a little about this myself. Some things I have seen and heard just didn't make sense. This gives some background as to why.

Mike

Well this day is off to a delightful start. Problems with my route started as soon as I got in and culminated in nearly drawing on a site security officer who thought it would be “funny” to announce “this is a stickup” to the ARMED and ARMOURED lady coming through the door. 

On a brighter note, the coffee is tasty as ever on a cool morning and I have my next laser appointment tonight after work Hope everyone is having a good morning. 

• Forum Moderator
13 minutes ago, JustineM said:

Well this day is off to a delightful start. Problems with my route started as soon as I got in and culminated in nearly drawing on a site security officer who thought it would be “funny” to announce “this is a stickup” to the ARMED and ARMOURED lady coming through the door. 

That was a VERY ill-conceited prank. I can't imagine what was going through his mind though it sounds like it was very nearly high-velocity lead.

@Elizabeth Star... I'm cross with your friends. You do not cancel plans at the last minute unless it's an emergency. I mean something like you leave the house to discover that your car is on fire. That is an acceptable excuse. Ghosting your friends is never, ever appropriate. I'm sorry they did that to you.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jamie68 said:

Sorry to say I was one of those troubled kids that stole and damaged stuff. I wish I wasn't. I was angry at the world and God.

I get it.  I was pretty much like this myself.  Later I quit that behavior, but still had that weird bit of rebellious anger, that was never completely gone, only suppressed.  

But when my egg cracked, that stuff kinda evaporated.  I'm convinced it was the girl in my heart struggling to be freed.  

36 minutes ago, Confused1 said:

Thanks for posting This Agnes. I had been wondering a little about this myself. Some things I have seen and heard just didn't make sense. This gives some background as to why.

Mike

I agree. Most of what I've heard didn't make sense. Finally, this is something that does. It still scares me though that they are using US as test subjects as they try to force the public into getting unthoroughly tested shots that would normally take years to be put into use. It will be many more years if ever before we truly find out how effective and side effects of the shots are. Think about how long the flu shot has been out and how ineffective it is. Listen to all the side effects in TV commercials on any drug they are advertising. Scary!

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I would never do that to a friend. I would at least have some lame-assed excuse. Looking at it from the other side and that I never get invited anywhere should tell me how many friends I really have. It’s always been this way. 

We’ve had a Covid outbreak at work. Go figure, one of the infected is the guy who just got back from Florida. I worry about him and his questionable health but part of me wants to say “that’s what you get”. He didn’t get tested and definitely didn’t quarantine upon his return. there’s 3 confirmed cases at this point. I just did a quick test. I’m negative but I’m going to test again in a couple of days to be sure. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jandi said:

I'm convinced it was the girl in my heart struggling to be freed.  

I like this analogy. @Jamie68 when our son was getting in trouble at school, the school resource officer was very understanding. He asked me if I had anything in my teenage background that I didn't want to become public. I had to admit this was true. Now I'll just say it was the girl in me wanting to get out.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋