• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Hi again

well, my annual Holiday depression is starting once again.  I began feeling it when I listened to a song on Facebook.  It was about an angle telling you to enjoy your life and we’d be together again in heaven.  Of course that took me to my granddaughter who is in heaven and I couldn’t stop crying.

I’ve had another similar attack since then but this one was a general family thought.  I really have a hard time and I’m afraid this year might be the worst.  No family, shut up in this smallish sailboat with no end in site.

I need Christmas cookies and chocolate, which will only give temporary relief then it’s likely to get worse when the sugar rush is over.  But it is my drug of choice.  No amount of anti depressant ever seems to help when it gets this bad.

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Friends what is that concept. While I have people I am friends with but not friends. Almost entirely at work. I have no real best friend other than my wife. It is sad. But that is my life. My only friends are those on TGP. Those of you on here.

Lizzy, I am sorry that happened. It just may have been something innocent. You never know.  I have the being laughed at feeling all the time. Isolated and forgotten, talked about, Laughed at. You name it. Even from my co-workers. I guess it is just the trans paranoia. Maybe another identifier I have had for years.

Up early, even after being up in the middle of the night. Well, I just sit here in my normal spot, thinking about getting my first cup. In a bored, depressed, uncaring mood. Even though it is my b-day. Like the other 365 days in a year. It is just another day. Wondering why the goddess made me like this. Not brave enough to say, F it and live as the girl I am. Well back to my pathetic life.

Sorry for being debbie downer.

Hugs,

Kymmie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYMMIE!!!!!!!!

• Forum Moderator
9 minutes ago, Artpetal said:

Hope you feel better, Willow. Maybe warm hot chocolate, instead of candy chocolate, would help a little. 

Thank you @Artpetal

22 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

That reminds me of an awesome chevy ad I saw today that brought tears to my eyes 

She remembers when he bought it new,she was 4 years old at the the time.I worked for her dad as well when I was 16 until 18 years old.Operated it which he taught me how to operate it.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

If I came to work in this condition, 2-3 years ago, I would have been sent home without any hesitation but since it’s not Covid I’m cleared to work

So sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. There’s such a shortage of workers everywhere, the bar of what condition is acceptable has likely been lowered quite a bit. On a happier note, I love your new (new to me anyway) profile pic. You look very nice!🙂

Take Care of Yourself,

Susan R🌷

I have been greatful to have a great family.My step dad whom is black and I get along very well.He is also supportive of me crossdressing part time,knows this is me and does call me Holly.Has a daughter from a previous relationship I have a great bond with whom has been a great step sister to me

Tonight I went to my first Christmas party as myself.  I wore a skirt with leggings and a cute Christmas sweater.  I received several compliments and it felt so freeing to just be myself around others.

party selfie.jpg

Got my first appointment with Precision in Chicago. Feb 5th. 2 hour session to start with. Wife is going with me. I'm excited.

My doctors office submitted a good letter to Humana insur to try to get them to cover Electrolysis genital clearing since it's required for GCS. I'm really hoping we can get it covered. Precision estimated $8,000. That's a lot of money to come up with.

7 hours ago, Becoming Diana said:

Tonight I went to my first Christmas party as myself.  I wore a skirt with leggings and a cute Christmas sweater.  I received several compliments and it felt so freeing to just be myself around others.

party selfie.jpg

You look pretty 😍. Glad you had a good experience. 

8 hours ago, HollyNG said:

I have been greatful to have a great family.My step dad whom is black and I get along very well.He is also supportive of me crossdressing part time,knows this is me and does call me Holly.Has a daughter from a previous relationship I have a great bond with whom has been a great step sister to me

Supportive family is awesome ❤

3 minutes ago, HollyNG said:

Step dad has been great to my mom too,has never laid a hand on her

I would hope not! 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

Yesterday we got nearly an inch of rain.  Today it’s high clouds but sunny.  Both days are in the 40s.

today and tomorrow will be busy days.  Then it will become very quiet for a while.  No family for the first time since 1970 when I was in the service.  Our daughter-in-law invited us but we’d have to fly standby and I really don’t feel like getting stuck in an airport again.  We just went through that.

Well, on to our tasks for the day.

hugs

Willow

Good morning. Today my coffee just tastes warm.

I ended up getting sent home yesterday due to my condition. One of other managers had spent half the day loading me up with Zycam and a few other things she had in her bag-of-tricks trying to get me back on my feet. She finally realized it was a lost cause and insisted I leave. A couple hours later I got a call from my supervisor that he tested positive for covid. I won't be allowed back until I feel better and have a legit (not OTC) negative test result. So that's my mission for today, and to sleep. I am so tired (and crabby).

I also had a surprise in my in-box. My letter of support (from my therapist) was waiting for me this morning. Although it does take a lot of stress off me to finally have it, I'm way to sick at the moment to celebrate. I know I freaked out a bit with the delays in getting it but the reality is, this is the first piece of supporting documentation I have. Yes, I've know who I am for a very long time but until today it was still just my word against the world. 

I love you all and have a great day. I have to go find a covid test somewhere.

• Forum Moderator

I was all set to drive my wife an hour down the road to get her booster shot.  (All the closer places were fully booked.)  I looked out the window and saw rain.  And the temperature was -3C.  So everything is a sheet of ice!

There are reports of vehicle accidents all over, and some of the roads we would have to drive on have not been salted yet.  No booster today. :(

Now she has to spend hours online waiting to book a new appointment, which could be weeks ahead and in an even less convenient place.

@Elizabeth StarI am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and that your supervisor tested positive. The breakthrough cases are becoming more and more frequent, albeit, less symptoms and easier to manage. What we are seeing in the Covid ICU I work in, anyone that received a vaccine >6 months are getting sick, less protection, that is why the booster shot is so imperative. Hopefully soon the antivirals that have been created will hit the market! I am not quite sure what to think about this Omicron variant, so much misinformation about the severity of illness, just waiting to see how it plays out over the next few weeks with the Christmas/New Years events.

Hope you feel better, I know my coffee I just finished was right on point on this cold morning!

Kylie

It was really easy to get a booster here.  No appointment - just walk in to Walgreens.  Of course there's plenty who won't take one too.

2 minutes ago, Kylie said:

I am not quite sure what to think about this Omicron variant, so much misinformation about the severity of illness, just waiting to see how it plays out over the next few weeks with the Christmas/New Years events.

It bugs me when people expect the officials to know everything about a new variant as soon as it's detected.  They were accused of lying when they updated their original guidelines.  They were only passing on, and adjusting to new information.

I was kinda sick myself yesterday, but doing better today with mostly just some congestion now.  I never have been tested - not even sure where to go for it.  It's an hour and a half drive up to the VA.  Shoot, I might have already had a mild case and didn't know.  I don't want to get bad sick since I live alone.

• Forum Moderator
48 minutes ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I love you all and have a great day. I have to go find a covid test somewhere.

All the urgent cares around here do it. I generally go to the one that did my fitness test before my last round of surgery, but there's at least one more I could walk to from here.

Feel better soon sweetie. I'm pulling for you! You'll be up and enjoying your official letter of recommendation before you know it.

Hugs!

I agree @Jandi - I think people rush to want to know something so these officials put out information before they truly understand what is happening. In the past two weeks the cases we have been seeing in my ICU are extremely severe and the individuals get sicker quicker and die much sooner than ever before. We haven't been sequencing the virus because we have such a large influx happening, my hospital takes the sickest in North Carolina since we are such a large hospital with so many resources. I believe while it could be just Delta is becoming harder to manage, I also believe Omicron still needs a few weeks of studying before making a definitive call on the mortality and morbidity of it.

A side from that, I just put a pot of chicken and dumplings on the stove to cook for a few hours, attempting a new recipe of it. I work the next three days, so I try and do a little meal prepping prior to my shifts to prevent temptation. 

@Kylieand @Jandiyou both raise some really good points. One other thing to add into the mess is the 24 hour news cycle. There's a journalistic maxim that reads, "if it bleeds, it leads," meaning that headlines about disasters, killings, pandemics and the like increase ratings, which means they can charge more for advertising, etc... Not to dismiss the dangers of the illness, but I've got to say, it appears to me that COVID and its variants have become the current headline de jour; regardless of what is known. 

And frankly, the president has not helped with his pronouncements that this will be a winter of mass death for the unvaccinated. Mind you, I believe in vaccinations and have had mine along with the booster, but predictions of doom, gloom and dire consequences don't really help. They just add fuel to the fire and are cause for panic. (Sorry, did not mean to editorialize. But, it needs to be said.)