• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Nice post-op visit with my throat surgeon. He stuck a camera up my nose and took a video of my vocal cords. Fascinating to watch the difference between a low and high pitch “EEE”. Everything in good working order. 

I asked about the reference in his surgical notes to Montgomery’a tubercle. Turns out it wasn’t a transcription error. He didn’t know it also referred to the goose bumps around the areola. He showed me where the tubercle was in relation to the Adam’s apple. 

I also had a great lesson with a voice coach yesterday. Learned how to whisper in a high pitch and then speak it. Wow! Very cool result!!

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

When you say Top Surg are you referring to BA or FFS. A long wait for FFS I understand, BA not so much. Anyone can do a BA so shop around if you want one sooner.  And absolutely get a consult ASAP for bottom surg.  You can always schedule for a later surgical date if the timing isn't convenient.

I'm referring to BA. The wait times seem ridiculous. The surgeon I made the consult appt with does not do bottom surgery. Her office referred me back to the one I had called. That still hasn't gotten back to me after 2-1/2 weeks.

I ended up not feeling to good from the booster so I stayed home and worked on my kitchen. I kind of over did it and took some pain meds we have to help me sleep. Turned out to be a bad decision as it kept me up barely drifting in and out of sleep all night. I absolutely had to goto work in the morning. I was dragging all day but when I got home I started to feel better. At this point, I've been awake for 41 hours, feel like crap and pray I can get some sleep tonight.

This may not be the right section to ask this, but there's so many topics that it's hard to find the right place. That being said,

is there an advantage to getting an Orchiectomy before getting a full depth Vaginoplasty? Maybe quicker healing, or less trauma if you spread out the surgeries? I was thinking about this in case of negative side effects from Spiro. Vaginoplasty is apx 1-1/2 years from now.

• Forum Moderator

I know it is sometimes done that way.  However, that has nothing to do with why I got my Orchidectomy.  I personally have no intention of getting a vaginoplasty.  I am satisfied with things being out of the way so I can be smooth down there.  I believe you have to find your surgeon first and have them tell you how they want it done.  The orchidectomy first can reduce the amount of scrotum tissue available for your outer lips.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

my group is having a potluck today. My wife is concerned about Covid but we already said we are going and we are meeting up with some good friends.

should be interesting normally the group separates under 18, 18 to 30 and the us old folk.  Only the under 18 have a parent attend. The others are strictly secret.  This is open.

dense fog warning for sea fog until noon.  Right now it’s pretty clear here.

Willow

19 minutes ago, Willow said:

I know it is sometimes done that way.  However, that has nothing to do with why I got my Orchidectomy.  I personally have no intention of getting a vaginoplasty.  I am satisfied with things being out of the way so I can be smooth down there.  I believe you have to find your surgeon first and have them tell you how they want it done.  The orchidectomy first can reduce the amount of scrotum tissue available for your outer lips.

Willow

Well, I guess maybe I'm a little premature thinking about this right now. Should see how it goes with the meds first. Hopefully everything will go good and it will be a non-issue.

• Forum Moderator

Everyone 

please check on your friends this time of year.  Many people myself included can become quite depressed around the holidays.  I’ve had this problem for years and years but have managed to get through it.  Not everyone can.  This time of year there are more suicides or attempts than any other time.

this year will be particularly hard for me as we are not going to be with any family.  Just my wife, dog and myself.  I already have a therapist appointment for December 28th.

But please, we all tend to suffer some depression all the time.  Help each other to get through this holiday.

I love you all and don’t want to lose any friends.

Willow

Wife and I plan on shopping later on,seen I need some new bras and agree with her.I also need new pantyhose too,threw out at least 5 pairs lately due to bad runs in them and getting in bad shape

14 hours ago, Willow said:

I think a boat in the woods that is too heavy to get on a trailer is an interesting challenge.  I’ve been known to become very inventive when it comes to mechanical advantage to accomplish tasks I otherwise can’t do.

I have a son-in-law that has gone to the wooden boat school in Maine for years.  He has a project-boat (20 some foot - it's big) that they found in the woods and dragged out for the classes.  At a certain point they offered it for sale (pun appreciated) and he got it.  It's a long term project - still needs a lot of work.  But he's an excellent woodworker and enjoys it.

A couple years ago I helped him and one of his boat school buddies get it off of the trailer and lifted high enough to reinstall the heavy centerboard.  That was a project with boatjacks and various hacks.  But it worked and nobody got killed in the process.

Having had to rig stuff for years, I enjoy a challenge.

Running with the devil one might say about pantyhose, lol.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

That being said, is there an advantage to getting an Orchiectomy before getting a full depth Vaginoplasty?

If you go that route, make SURE the surgeon knows that you're planning on a full-depth vaginoplasty later. They need to use techniques to minimize scarring because they'll be using that tissue to craft your vulva and labia.

Hugs!

Going back to boats. This boat I have in my basement was hand made by a prisoner in England.

My wife had a relative that worked in the prison system(guard)and bought it from the inmate who made it.

She brought it with her when she joined me back in the states.

Today12.jpg

• Forum Moderator

That's beautiful LindaMarie!  

5 hours ago, Jandi said:

...has gone to the wooden boat school in Maine for years.

Is the the school in Brooklin, Maine, off Deer Island?  My closest friend still subscribes to the Wooden Boat magazine.  Its a neat place to visit.  

Wife and I went shopping this afternoon.Bought some new bras and pantyhose.Plus wife tried to get me away from purchasing a couple pairs of stiletto heels I loved which I did buy.

5 hours ago, Jani said:

Is the the school in Brooklin, Maine, off Deer Island?

Not sure of the location, but I believe the magazine is associated.  I enjoy it when I visit them.

I enjoy being afloat, but don't have skills on that level.  I just have a small aluminum skiff myself.  

My son in law just finished two kayaks, one for him, and one for my daughter.   They are beautiful boats.  I went kayaking with them this summer.

I live a long way from the coast, but there are lakes within driving range.  And we do have rivers you can stick a kayak or canoe in.

I used to fish some, but I've come to a place where it bothers me to stick the worm on the hook.  I guess if I was hungry… but not just for fun anymore.

11 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

If you go that route, make SURE the surgeon knows that you're planning on a full-depth vaginoplasty later. They need to use techniques to minimize scarring because they'll be using that tissue to craft your vulva and labia.

Hugs!

Thanks. I've heard this. I definitely will remember to tell them this. Hugs 🫂 

• Forum Moderator

I am still confused about my wife. This morning she woke up when I was getting ready for work. She says, "I can't believe our oldest is so biased?"

I am still wondering what she meant in a text I got about a month ago. "I will never regret the day I married you! A bit of a resolution, quite the change in my life but I love it just like I love you! Love you  That one has been a puzzle since she sent it. I still as confused about her as I ever been.

Hugs,

Kymmie

I was out browsing at the stores today. When I'm out, it's usual for me to see various petite young women and feel that certain uncomfortable mix of envy and attraction. (Fortunately, I'm much more accustomed to it these days. But earlier, when I was only just starting to recognize and open my mind to the "envy" part of it...Whew!...Oh, boy, was that a mental and emotional roller-coaster!)

Anyway, although I saw plenty of the "usual" today, at one point I also saw one other woman (I can only assume cisgender) who was roughly my big height (6") and similar proportionally-sized frame, and probably not too terribly much younger. But by far, the biggest thing I noticed about her wasn't actually anything about her, but just my own perception...(Lately, I've had a lot of worry and self-doubt buried in the back of my mind about the realistic limits of transition for me. It's been weighing on me probably more than I've wanted to admit to myself.) But this person, what struck me the most was just the fact that I never would've noticed her as anything other than just another normal random gal if I hadn't already been preoccupied with concerns about my own stature. And it wasn't even some kind of "Amazonian" thing, like how I try to tell myself "It's ok, being an Amazonian type is a good, popular thing!" It was just...another woman. Even with roughly my build, she was just simply, another woman.

Aaaand, then, mere seconds later, my stupid brain was right back to envying the young petites.🙄

But I think I really needed to see that. Something I need to try to remember and try to keep in mind.

5 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

I was out browsing at the stores today. When I'm out, it's usual for me to see various petite young women and feel that certain uncomfortable mix of envy and attraction. (Fortunately, I'm much more accustomed to it these days. But earlier, when I was only just starting to recognize and open my mind to the "envy" part of it...Whew!...Oh, boy, was that a mental and emotional roller-coaster!)

IDK if it's the E taking effect too, but I assume that's a girl thing that has become more pronounced for me when I see girls filling out yoga pants nicely or something, I'm like "ughh". And then I giggle to myself, "you lesbo!". It's not just a transgirl thing I found out since my cis girlfriend who has struggled to diet asked me how much I weighed and did the "ugh" thing to me when I replied. But yeah, it's a strange now that I am actually aware of that fleeting envy thing that I was always feeling since I was a teen.

Beauty comes in an infinite variety, despite what pop culture tells us and I realize more now it's a state of mind and presence.

Good morning! Met one of our fellow members here last night at a lovely dinner in the most charming town in our state. Fun night!

Good Morning. The coffee is as black as my dark little heart as I get ready to hook the reindeer up to my postal sleigh and deliver packages. Hopefully this will get me back on the nice list.

7 hours ago, Heather Nicole said:

Anyway, although I saw plenty of the "usual" today, at one point I also saw one other woman (I can only assume cisgender) who was roughly my big height (6") and similar proportionally-sized frame, and probably not too terribly much younger. But by far, the biggest thing I noticed about her wasn't actually anything about her, but just my own perception...(Lately, I've had a lot of worry and self-doubt buried in the back of my mind about the realistic limits of transition for me. It's been weighing on me probably more than I've wanted to admit to myself.) But this person, what struck me the most was just the fact that I never would've noticed her as anything other than just another normal random gal if I hadn't already been preoccupied with concerns about my own stature. And it wasn't even some kind of "Amazonian" thing, like how I try to tell myself "It's ok, being an Amazonian type is a good, popular thing!" It was just...another woman. Even with roughly my build, she was just simply, another woman.

Aaaand, then, mere seconds later, my stupid brain was right back to envying the young petites.🙄

But I think I really needed to see that. Something I need to try to remember and try to keep in mind.

I've been paying a lot more attention to what women wear and the shape of their body, and being envious. I think, when am I going to get those nice rounded hips, and larger breasts. Wish I could wear what they are wearing and not look like I'm trying too hard. I see younger women in the gym and think, wish I could have a body like that, knowing that no matter how hard I try it will never happen. In reality though, I look young for my age and not too out of shape. I think about people my age in old movies and how they always looked at least 20 years older than me. The more I look around at other women, I see that I actually fit in pretty well. The average woman comes in all shapes and sizes. ALL IS WELL. 🥰

Jamie.jpg

8 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I am still confused about my wife. This morning she woke up when I was getting ready for work. She says, "I can't believe our oldest is so biased?"

I am still wondering what she meant in a text I got about a month ago. "I will never regret the day I married you! A bit of a resolution, quite the change in my life but I love it just like I love you! Love you  That one has been a puzzle since she sent it. I still as confused about her as I ever been.

Hugs,

Kymmie

Sounds like she really loves you. Our wives are going through a huge change along with us. Their thoughts and emotions are going to change just like ours. ❤️

I’m amazed at the changes I’ve experienced so far and try to keep healthy skepticism about what will occur, but DANG! We rock! I love that I’m surrounded by beautiful women including all of you. My HRT addled libido has allowed me to view my gender more subjectively and yes, with a fair amount of jealousy.