• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

Just now, RithiaAllen said:

Today’s weigh in was 197.9 pounds. I’m lighter by .1 pounds then all the way back to 2013. That is both depressing and super awesome.

Just another 50 to 60 pounds to go. ?

If you dont mind me asking.  What's your goal?

With my height, my goal that I would love to get to is 180

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That’s crazy! How tall are you? I wish I could go for 150ish but there’s no way. I’d look sick. I am about 15-20 pounds from my goal. 170 would be great. Actually 168 would be great, but I’m realizing that I may not be able to hit that mark. I am just to large all round. For a male my size I am supposed to be around 180. Up to 195 though. Which I’m under already. But my frame is just big. I bet my bones alone weigh 100 pounds. I’m only 37” at the waist now. And my hips are 42. Idk how that measures up but it’s “v” shaped for sure. 

For reference I am 6-0 tall,  size 11 feet (which has come down in the last year), and hands the size of plates. 

I love the video Kristen.  I am glad that I did not make any New Years Resolutions cause they always get broken but instead I have started to change my mind and started to change things in December.  That's why I loved the baby steps I did, so that way it was not drastic and I am able to stick with it the change and it is now just a normal habit.

Wow, I am the same height as you being 6'0" tall..size 12 feet.  My doctors have said that my ideal weight is 180 for a male.  So right now I want to shoot for 180 to be realistic on goal planning.

That’s a good goal Amy. I am hoping to hit 180 by the end of Cize (2weeks). And then all bets are off because of the muscle I’ll add. I may not loose any weight on insanity. Just inches. #nomoregoo!!! ? sorry it’s a Tony Horton joke from another series. ??‍♀️ I know I’m weird. Haha

Just now, Kirsten said:

That’s crazy! How tall are you? I wish I could go for 150ish but there’s no way. I’d look sick. I am about 15-20 pounds from my goal. 170 would be great. Actually 168 would be great, but I’m realizing that I may not be able to hit that mark. I am just to large all round. For a male my size I am supposed to be around 180. Up to 195 though. Which I’m under already. But my frame is just big. I bet my bones alone weigh 100 pounds. I’m only 37” at the waist now. And my hips are 42. Idk how that measures up but it’s “v” shaped for sure. 

For reference I am 6-0 tall,  size 11 feet (which has come down in the last year), and hands the size of plates. 

5’10” size 9-10 feet depending on the brand and width of the shoe.

40” shoulders

42.5” waist (at the moment I used to be 30” and that was with love handles)

44” hips (shrunk a little from loss of weight but not much)

I’m not an overly large person. The photos I shared was when I was between 145 to 155 pounds. Based on those I think realistically I can get down to 140 pounds and maybe 130 pounds. I’ll stop when I have burned off the waist back to a healthy level. Right now I’m just estimating my targets based on a projected BMI of 19.

130!?!? Wow. That’s underweight even for a female your size. My wife would disown me. Lol.   When I was 170 everyone I knew thought I had cancer or something. But I had a lot more muscle than now I bet too.

It’s hard to stay away from those numbers though. I like the idea of 160s, but I think the number doesn’t matter as long as I look fit. When my abs look like this I’ll be happy no matter what the weight is I think. I hope. Lol. 

3F70B3B0-4A1B-46C9-9C63-E9CFA7D3E4A3.thumb.png.6bbf0ead2018524cc4481dde54177a2d.png

I didn’t say 130 for sure, but the BMI is still above 18 so it is dozens of pounds from underweight. 

According to the app 133 pounds is just under a BMI of 21. This is midrange in the category of normal.

C02E7F11-B80B-4F61-8DE6-A7D7F80D122D.png

I’m not going for muscle tone. I just want to get down to a healthy weight. I want to keep the curves but not be overweight.

No weigh in for today. I have a stomach bug and am nauseous. I had to take a sick day. I ate a banana and had a bottle of water to help replace water lost from the runs and I am going back to bed. I’m feeling better now then I was feeling in the evening but I don’t want to overdo it today and get worse. It sucks. :(

I bought some Campbell’s chicken soup, apple sauce and bread. I also picked up packets of emergency-c immune+ with vitamin d dietary supplement. I got it instead of the gummy version to force me to drink more water.

Thanks a lot whoever came to work sick!

Awe man! Sorry you aren’t well Rithia. Lots of fluids. Lots of rest. You’ll be back on your feet before you know it. 

I had a tough day yesterday for exercise. I missed a couple goals that I haven’t missed in like 3 weeks. But it was pouring rain all day yesterday so my steps were very low. And I don’t use the treadmill on ab days so it is what it is. 

Yesterday I had 22 floors, 9700 steps for 4.5 miles ?, 2600 cals burned, and 49 mins of exercise avg heartbeat 110. So not awful. But not on point either. 10 minutes on the treadmill probably would’ve gotten me there but not after the ab workout. It’s 8 mins of constant pain and anguish. Lol. But yesterday I was able to keep up pace for the first half and only missed a couple reps in the second half as well! Two weeks ago I was barely able to do all of the moves. So that I am proud of. But not my steps. Gonna have a good day today though! We are starting week 3 of the Cize workout tonight. Only 12 workouts till we move on to Insanity! 

Oh and @Amy LeBlanc, I didn’t forget about you. I have had a busy week, but I’ll get that series I promised you in the mail first thing tomorrow. It’s all packed up ready to go. Just gotta get to the post. 

7 hours ago, Kirsten said:

Awe man! Sorry you aren’t well Rithia. Lots of fluids. Lots of rest. You’ll be back on your feet before you know it. 

I had a tough day yesterday for exercise. I missed a couple goals that I haven’t missed in like 3 weeks. But it was pouring rain all day yesterday so my steps were very low. And I don’t use the treadmill on ab days so it is what it is. 

Yesterday I had 22 floors, 9700 steps for 4.5 miles ?, 2600 cals burned, and 49 mins of exercise avg heartbeat 110. So not awful. But not on point either. 10 minutes on the treadmill probably would’ve gotten me there but not after the ab workout. It’s 8 mins of constant pain and anguish. Lol. But yesterday I was able to keep up pace for the first half and only missed a couple reps in the second half as well! Two weeks ago I was barely able to do all of the moves. So that I am proud of. But not my steps. Gonna have a good day today though! We are starting week 3 of the Cize workout tonight. Only 12 workouts till we move on to Insanity! 

Oh and @Amy LeBlanc, I didn’t forget about you. I have had a busy week, but I’ll get that series I promised you in the mail first thing tomorrow. It’s all packed up ready to go. Just gotta get to the post. 

Thanks Kristen. I have drunk a bunch of water today, and eaten toast, apple sauce and a banana. I just woke up from a nap. I’m going to make some chicken soup  and have some more toast with it. The pressure in my stomachs which preceded the need to go number 2nand dump large amounts of fluid seems to be gone. My other symptoms seem to be gone now too. I just to keep from upsetting my stomach as I recover over the weekend.

Glad to hear you’re starting to feel better Rithia. Hopefully you bounce back quickly and get to enjoy some of your weekend.

Make sure you’re back to good health before getting back to exercise.  With those kinds of symptoms, you can really set yourself back by jumping back in too quickly. 

*hugs*

Hope you’re feeling better. I’m still sniffing a little myself but it’s almost gone. Winter time illness sucks. I don’t know what I would do if my stomach was not feeling well. It’s good that you can start eating a little more. 

I stepped on the scale today and I lost a few pounds! My legs and calves are a little sore but it’s paying off! 

Naps fix everything girl! Well almost everything. Get plenty of rest and let that body heal! 

Thanks everyone. I drank almost half of a 24 pack of Dasani pack of water yesterday.

I managed to eat almost 1000 calories of food yesterday but it was not easy because I had almost no appetite. At one point I felt hungry and then my face turned green when I started to eat. I had three slices of Pepridge Farms 15 Grain wheat bread with butter, two bananas, about a cup of Cinnamon Apple Sauce, half of the Campbells Chicken soup from the classic condensed can, one nutri-grain Bar mixed berry and a Kellogs Pastry crisp strawberry (just one I couldn't eat the second).

This morning I was feeling ravenous and had a mixed berry nutri-grain bar, 4 scrambled eggs with ketchup, 266.25ml of fruit punch gatorade (3/4 of the bottle). The only thing hard about eating this morning was not licking the bowl of eggs. I am much better then yesterday.

Despite everything I still managed to lose weight and weighed in at 196.7 pounds. Thankfully this is not a huge number I was expecting worse and mostly from water but I think I managed to keep from dehydrating. I'm going to take it easy. I think I will go to the gym and walk about a 1mph pace on the treadmill just to move some and keep in the habit of going and get me out of the apartment. I have been shut in for almost 40 hours now since Thursday evening so I'm feeling kind of enclosed right now.

1 mph is very slow. Lol. It’ll be like walking in slow motion. Take a video and post! ?

I had another off day yesterday. I was working in the basement, so once again I was low on my numbers. 

23 floors, 9400 steps for 4-1/2 miles, 2800 cals burned, but only 28 mins of exercise avg heartbeat 96. ?

I just finished breakfast and am getting ready for exercising now. This weekend will be a BIG push for exercise and weight loss. We had our sushi cheat last night so that’s done. Nothing but healthy living here on out! 

I have been saying I’d take a body pic. I’m not feeling too skinny, but I figure eeh it’s not awful. Of corse my wife was sitting when she took the pic so I look about 200 feet tall. Lolol. 

B04EE2A0-0548-4251-8BD8-21D6337CEC1E.thumb.jpeg.306c7621cbed1fbe13d7f8c02c87a5f3.jpeg

Slimmer than the past for me but still pretty wide. Especially up top. But what are ya gonna do rite?! ??‍♀️

• Forum Moderator

Very nice, @Kirsten!  You're looking great.  Cute feet too.  Thanks for sharing!

Susun R?

Wow Kirsten! Your flat tummy says you are doing everything right!  Going to have to up my exercise goals from 6000 daily steps now (got to start somewhere). :) 

Rithia, I don’t have a flat stomach either. It’s one of the more difficult places to lose the weight so once I get there I’m probably going to want to show it off. 

Kirsten, today I saw a few Cis women with almost male proportions between shoulders and hips so it’s not uncommon at all for women to have slightly broader shoulders than average. Whenever I see that I think “I can do this!”

Thanks Josie. :) It has been progressing in the correct direction but it isn't there yet. Compared to Kristen I am still downright pudgy.

I weighed in this morning and I was 196.6 pounds. Not certain about the scale I repeated this two more times and it gave me the same weight so I guess I lost a tenth of a pound yesterday. I did managed 11277 steps yesterday 5.15 miles over the corse of the day (a lot of this was probably going from my desk or bed to the rest room. sadly not kidding). I also managed to eat more yesterday and had 1174 calories with 4 scrambled eggs with ketchup, two chocolate chip granola bars, a nutri-grain mixed berry bar, more chicken noodle soup, toast, apple sauce, bananas, and some actual mixed berries which where sooooo good. I ended up housing them when I intended to spread them out, but they are healthy and I needed nutrients. 

Thanks ladies! I think I have a good bit of work left to do, but at least I’m getting there. I try not to be overly worried since I am only 8 months in. And still not on full strength hrt. Close though. 

Yesterday was a super busy day. We are redoing the living room and the basement this weekend. We got a new sectional last weekend, so new paint this weekend for both rooms (24x16 rooms) move the old couches downstairs after that room got painted, and now doing the upstairs. 

So 30 flights, 14300 steps for 6.6 miles, 3160 cals burned, and 54 mins of activity avg heartbeat 111! And we even did the workout video too! Very productive.

It was hard not to step on that scale this morning. But I didn’t. I’m excited for tomorrow’s weigh in. I’m hoping for under 187. ??That’ll put me back down to last September’s weight. ?

Hey all.

So I stepped on the scale this morning with nothing on so I can get what I truly weigh.  I am at 218.  Yesterday I only had one meal the whole day and it was a cheat meal.  I had Pizza.

So I got 9300 steps in yesterday.  Burned 936 calories between walking and my workout.

Glad my weight is starting to go back down.

So I figured that I would add after Kirsten started it.  But here is myself at 218 so far.  I dont like 2 pieces or anything that shows off my core area due to my surgery from cancer

20190127_082826.jpg