• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

Wow Rithia.  You look good.  Love your pictures.

My weight loss is slow going as well.  But I am glad that I got batteries for my Wii Fit and been working out on that and having fun.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Love your new pictures Rithia. You're very feminine.  Love the top pic...so cute!  Congrats on the steady weight loss.  As I approach my weight target, it seems to be slowing down a bit for me too. It's par for the course.

Susan R?

10 minutes ago, Susan R said:

Love your new pictures Rithia. You're very feminine.  Love the top pic...so cute!  Congrats on the steady weight loss.  As I approach my weight target, it seems to be slowing down a bit for me too. It's par for the course.

Susan R?

It's the body reaching balance. For me it just means I have to step it up some more now that I am recovered to continue to burn the weight.

Nice pics Rithia. And awesome job on the weight loss. You’ll get to where you want. I’m sure of that. 

Im still plugging away too. Had to weigh in today because today is gonna be a cheat day. But I was 185.6 and I’ve lost another belt loop. My arms are getting tone too and the legs are very cut at this point. Still no sign of abs though. Although I can see my ribs pretty clearly now. 

I finished my routine and I’m moving on to T-25. It’s a very intense 25 minute a day workout. It kicked my booty today. 

So ive been averaging about 15-17k steps a day all week. 3300+ cals burned. 25-40 flights of stairs, and 80-120 mins of active time. Usually around 8 miles for distance. 

Its been a great week and I’m starting to feel like myself again finally. 

I hope everyone id still pushing HARD!!! 

As Muhammad Ali said,

B457E93D-4AC7-4748-BD01-4F6461D1DB75.jpeg.6473505b1c9df898fa1e52e1aba025ca.jpeg

Way to go Kirsten.

I am still pushing hard.  I am waiting till Monday to weigh myself.  But have been averaging 800 - 9500 steps daily.  Been burning 1000 - 1100 calories daily and eating around 900 calories.

Been using my Wii Fit alot and doing the step challenge and the running to find my Mii person that I need to find.  Been working out and sweating.  My heart rate has been up around 111 when I exercise.

Lots of Love

Amy

You guys are doing great. Keep it up.

My one thing I would say is don’t call it cheating Kristen. Instead call it your budgeted indulgence. I have them too and I believe it’s the only way to make it a lifestyle change. With all things there must be balance.

Today my weigh in was 194.2 pounds. I’m am feeling good about being below 194 tomorrow morning.?

I call it a cheat day as well.  I have one of those.  My doctor that I saw for my FFS consultation also suggested you need at least one day to cheat but to remember your lifestyle now.  I can say I am doing good on my eating style now.

Yesterday I tried a soda after 2 month of no soda at all.  It tasted so gross.  I could not finish it.

But I am doing good.  Plus I have cut back on the carbs alot now.  Now I did pickup ingredients to make pasta salad and I know it's pasta so there is carbs.  But need to watch how I eat it.

Rithia! Those pictures are amazing! I’m sure you’ll reach your goal! The way you keep working on it, it’s just a matter of time. 

I weighed in this morning at 158, so my program is really working well! That’s 10 lbs in the last week or so, I’m not fatigued or overly hungry either. I’m finding that staying busy helps keep me from eating food from boredom. I do have a treat from time to time but it’s only if I actually deserve it. It’s a good way to celebrate without overindulgence. Mmm chocolate! 

Most days it’s not cheating, but today it most certainly is. I haven’t had pizza in over 3 months, but I will today! And lasagna! And buffalo chicken dip! And garlic bread! And chips! And bacon cheese puffs! And of corse BEER!!! I’m gonna be a happy girl today. 

Most of this stuff I haven’t had in months. It’ll prolly make me sick but I’m gonna eat it ALL! Lol. ??‍♀️??

So today I consider cheating. But I did already have most of my water for the day, I’m over 7000 steps, I exercised, and I’ll be on my feet most of the day. So hopefully I don’t gain much. 

10 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Most days it’s not cheating, but today it most certainly is. I haven’t had pizza in over 3 months, but I will today! And lasagna! And buffalo chicken dip! And garlic bread! And chips! And bacon cheese puffs! And of corse BEER!!! I’m gonna be a happy girl today. 

Most of this stuff I haven’t had in months. It’ll prolly make me sick but I’m gonna eat it ALL! Lol. ??‍♀️??

So today I consider cheating. But I did already have most of my water for the day, I’m over 7000 steps, I exercised, and I’ll be on my feet most of the day. So hopefully I don’t gain much. 

Pizza isn’t really cheating. I had it for breakfast and still lost weight. ?

36 minutes ago, Josie Beth said:

Rithia! Those pictures are amazing! I’m sure you’ll reach your goal! The way you keep working on it, it’s just a matter of time. 

I weighed in this morning at 158, so my program is really working well! That’s 10 lbs in the last week or so, I’m not fatigued or overly hungry either. I’m finding that staying busy helps keep me from eating food from boredom. I do have a treat from time to time but it’s only if I actually deserve it. It’s a good way to celebrate without overindulgence. Mmm chocolate! 

Thank you.

keep up the weight loss.

Oh no pizza is cheating. It has bleached white flour in it. That stuff is as bad for you as high fructose corn syrup. I literally only eat natural foods now. Nothing processed. And almost all organic. Outside of that is a cheat. At least for me. It’s got nothing to do with losing weight for me anymore. Just about being in peak shape. 

18 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Oh no pizza is cheating. It has bleached white flour in it. That stuff is as bad for you as high fructose corn syrup. I literally only eat natural foods now. Nothing processed. And almost all organic. Outside of that is a cheat. At least for me. It’s got nothing to do with losing weight for me anymore. Just about being in peak shape. 

I am just in it for the weight loss. I am not looking for muscle tone in fact I do not want any. I want to be firm but not ripped. Right now I am still overweight but I am getting closer.

Enjoy your cheat day Kristen.

I just got done doing a 30min workout on my Wii Fit from running to doing the step challenge to racketball.  I burned 356 calories so far on the Wii fit.  I then ended the workout with baby shark.  I feel really good.

So far my breakfast I had 2x small homemade breakfast burritos that I used wheat tortillas a scramble eggs, sausage and cheese.

Been drinking water.

I am wanting to lose weight and get to a healthy weight and lose my stomach and continue to have a healthy life.  I do not want to really put muscle on.

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

hahahaha love it! - ?? If you are going to cheat do it in style!  I stocked up today too, but for me it will mean pulling an all nighter, one of the few times of the year I will do it, plus I am off tomorrow!

Yesterday I had some of my penai with meat sauce for lunch and a salad with chicken and a yogurt parfait for dinner.

I weighed in today at 193.5 pounds.

I weighed in at 218.1 this morning.

Yesterday I did a 30min workout on my Wii Fit from running to doing the step challenge to racketball.  I burned 356 calories so far on the Wii fit.  I then ended the workout with baby shark.  I feel really good.

I had 9000 steps yesterday

So far my breakfast I had 2x small homemade breakfast burritos that I used wheat tortillas a scramble eggs, sausage and cheese.

Been drinking water.

Lunch I had Pizza, 2 slices

Dinner, I had a small portion of chuck roast cooked in a crockpot with a nice salad

Did okay yesterday. I only had 2 pieces of pizza, a small plate of lasagna, 6 beers, and a couple of small apps. I definitely feel “puffy” today, but I think it went well as far as health is concerned. 

I got 15k steps in 34 flights, burned 3600 cals and had 112 active minutes. 

So overall my cheating day wasn’t much of a cheat afterall minus the enriched white flour and the beers. 

Great pics, Rithia! :)

I've been making a bigger effort to be active, and spent Friday night walking around in circles at the hotel I was at from the 15th floor down to the 4th where my room was. I also have to admit that I'm scared to check my weight again. It's been so up and down and I can't take seeing it going up. :(

47 minutes ago, Dakota16 said:

Great pics, Rithia! :)

I've been making a bigger effort to be active, and spent Friday night walking around in circles at the hotel I was at from the 15th floor down to the 4th where my room was. I also have to admit that I'm scared to check my weight again. It's been so up and down and I can't take seeing it going up. :(

Thanks

I understand the fear. The main thing to keep in mind is take in less calories then you burn. Drink enough water to not dehydrate. Don’t worry if you gain weight after drinking water because a bottle of water is about half a pound. As long as overall the trend is down the cycle of gains and loss is fine.

you can do it.

• Forum Moderator

I wanted to share my favorite pizza recipe with you all since it seems most of us enjoy pizza on our cheat days.  It's only about 620 calories for an entire pizza but this sort of depends how much pepperoni you like on your pizza.  This recipe is pretty healthy as far as pizza goes and these ingredients below are the least expensive way I've found to make it.

NOTE: Most of the ingredients listed below are more than you would need for one single 10" pizza making it much less than the total cost for all the items combined.

• Trader Joe's 10" Cauliflower pizza crust  $3.99 (@Trader Joe's)

• Trader Giotto's fat free pizza sauce  $1.99 (@ Trader Joe's)  

• Diaya mozzarella cheese  $4.99 (@ most food retailers)

• Volpi Gourmet Pepproni slices  $2.99 (@ Trader Joes)

Simple directions...

• Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce to within 1/2" of the edge of the frozen crust.

• Add modest amount of cheese over that and then finally the Pepperoni.

• Heat oven to 385°F for 12mins

Thanks for sharing the recipe Susan. I’ll have to look for cauliflower crust next time I’m shopping. 

Right now I typically use a garlic Naan as the crust. It works for a decent personal size pizza and the garlic adds nicely to the flavour. 

Thanks Susan I’ll have to try that although I am not the best cook but practice makes perfect.

Todays weigh in was 193.1. I am so close to being under 193 pounds! ?

Hey all:

So I did another 30min workout on my Wii Fit U.  When I do my bodu test to check my weight and BMI.  My weight on the Wii Fit U matches to what my scale is showing in the bathroom.  Plus on the Wii fit U, it shows a graph on my weight weather it goes down, stays straight or goes up.  Since doing a 30min workout, I have been averaging 1.5lbs a day from the workout.

Today I started with the Advance step challenge which was fun cause had to keep up with the fast beat.  I then moved to the running for 10min looking for my Mii friends.  I then went to doing some stretching exercise with raising my arms to shoulder height and twist side to side keeping my center of gravity in the middle and then bending at an angle so right hand to left foot.  That worked out my side abs.  I then moved to doing the V ups which worked my front abs.  The hardest workout I did that I need to work on my balance is raising my hand and pickup my left foot and go at an angle bringing my knee up to my stomach and the back of my hand to my knee.  My balance needs work, but it will come with time as I continue to lose weight and shrink my stomach.

But I am feeling better and getting a good workout.

On 30min today I burned 450 calories and had 3500 steps just on the Wii Fit workout.

• Forum Moderator

Tuesday is here and it's weigh in day for me.  I was pleasantly surprised with a 2.5lb weight loss this week.  I was a little concerned because I'm usually very strict on portion control and last night I had a nice dinner and ate an extra baked potato.  Needless to say, I was stuffed which is NEVER a feeling you want to have when trying to lose weight.  At least, thats been the case for me in the past.  But I came through it, ok.

I'm getting closer to my original (arbitrary) goal of 50lbs using my home scale starting on Oct. 5 which is the day I started keeping track at home.  I had actually started the diet & exercising several weeks earlier but only weighed in once prior at my doctors appointment.

Here are my weight loss totals as of today

Using my home scale from Oct. 5 - today:  40.5lb weight loss.

Using doctors scale from Sept. 25 - today:  44.5lb weight loss.

Weight loss still needed to hit target weight: 9.5lbs

Good luck everyone!

Susan R?

Very nice Susan!

I’m getting very close to being under 190 pounds at 192.6 pounds. I have a ways to go though to get to my tentative goal of 150 and depending on how I look I am prepared to drop further if I have to in order to get slim again.

I don’t have a specific weight goal just a goal of not having a gut and love handles and getting rid of the rest of the unsightly flab.