• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

• Forum Moderator

My nice neighbor did ours but I've decided to go walking.?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Susan R said:

My nice neighbor did ours but I've decided to go walking.?

Oh well that was awfully nice of them.

This weigh in continues my weight loss results. I was down to 190.5 pounds. It was rainy so I went to the gym at the office and had an awesome jog on the treadmill.

• Forum Moderator

Good for you Rithia,  Those "blah" days are the toughest for me to work through. Keep pushing it! ?

Just now, Susan R said:

Good for you Rithia,  Those "blah" days are the toughest for me to work through. Keep pushing it! ?

Yeah but I had some anger to work out of my system after Fitbit refused to replace their replacement that lasted 90 days and went 30 days over the warranty period. I used the treadmill to run up hill for 30 minutes at 5 mph and then used the punching bag to work on my punches and kicks because I was still upset.

How much “play” do scales have? A few days ago it said 191, and today it says 184. I don’t think I could’ve lost 7 lbs that fast...

Just now, Dakota16 said:

How much “play” do scales have? A few days ago it said 191, and today it says 184. I don’t think I could’ve lost 7 lbs that fast...

Depends on if you weighed yourself at the same time of day, drank water, had a poop, ate food yet or not.

plus outside of a bar scale these are not highly accurate.

Honestly my advice is throw the Fitbit in the garbage where it belongs. They don’t last and cost too much and the customer service is horrible.

No digital scale is going to do a good job. If you want an accurate weigh in get a bar scale and log the weight manually.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, RithiaAllen said:

No digital scale is going to do a good job. If you want an accurate weigh in get a bar scale and log the weight manually.

Words of wisdom here ^^.  There's a reason doctor's offices rarely use digital scales.  Ironically, I recently weighed in with one at my new doctors' appointment back in January but the unit itself was practically as large as a CAT scan machine.  These cheap under $100 scales at Walmart are only really good for predicting trends in weight and making your bare feet colder. They're hardly worth their weight in popcorn.

Happy Monday! 

You really don’t like the Fitbit Natalie? I love mine! My Apple Watch stinks. It lasts 1 day on battery life and misses thousands of steps for me. I’ve worn both before just to see. My Fitbit tracks so well. And the battery lasts 6 days. My wife has had hers for 2-1/2 years now and no issues either. I’ll have to keep an eye on ours. 

Well week 1 t25 is done. It is hard. I am old and out of shape. Lol. But I got in all my videos and by the weekend I was putting up over 10k steps a day again too. But I’m tired. My legs are only about 70% today. And my core is pretty close to the same. Yesterday was lower focus and stretch. Stretch is nuts. It’s like yoga with some exercise mixed in more than stretching. And today is cardio. ?

this week I am back in the food prep mode too. 

Meal 1. Chocolate blueberry almond shake 

meal 2. Egg turkey sausage veggie casserole (made the turkey sausage myself too!) 

meal 3. Burrito Bowl (corn, black beans, brown rice, peppers, green onion, tomatoes, Spock chicken, and yogurt on top!) 

meal 4.  Apple

meal 5.  Shrimp in a peanut sirracha sauce stir fry style with different carb sides thruout the week. (Bread, quinoa, and brown rice I think.) 

meal 6. Strawberries and peanuts. 

This is meal 3&5 It looks so good! 

E11E80E6-C6A8-44FB-B9E6-018026ED6CDF.thumb.jpeg.5b6f3c4806d424e1c3382a74a51459e6.jpeg745FAA4E-56C7-487F-8C03-67FF7BCFB09C.thumb.jpeg.f0187237e4cd3161464bc80bc6d49066.jpeg

i love seeing everyone doing so well with their weight loss and exercise! So proud of yall!! Keep up the great work everyone!! 

I thought the idea was good but the build quality is lacking specifically the battery. It was a $250 present and when the first battery failed they sent me one that didn’t even last 90 days. The battery completely died and says battery empty and Fitbit won’t do anything about i because technically they are past 12 months. It doesn’t matter that the replacement lasted less then three months. That is why I am done with Fitbit.

I’m down to 190.4 today. I only have digital scales so I am not super happy with the result. I’ll just push harder and if I have to skip eating for a day.

My Apple Watch lasts roughly two days. My Blaze originally lasted 5 days. But the Apple Watch is a smart watch, the Blaze wasn’t.

At the end my Blaze lasted less then one day between charges while the Apple Watch remained at roughly two days. The replacement Fitbit lasted 5 days on the first charging cycle then dropped immediately down to theee between charges and within a month was down to charging every day again and then stopped charging all together. Fitbit refused to do anything. That is not acceptable.

Not to mention I accidentally broke my Apple Watch screen. I don’t know how I did it but it was completely broken. I didn’t have accident coverage but Apple still replaces it free of charge. They stand behind their products.

Just now, RithiaAllen said:

Not to mention I accidentally broke my Apple Watch screen. I don’t know how I did it but it was completely broken. I didn’t have accident coverage but Apple still replaces it free of charge. They stand behind their products.

Beware on that. My experience with Apple is they’ll replace for one issue and that’s it. My iPhone 6 had its charger port go bad and they replaced it no questions asked. When the replacement’s screen cracked and shattered about 6 or 7 months later, they wouldn’t replace it since was already a replacement phone.

So my weigh in today is 217.8 lbs.  The Weekend both Saturday and Sunday were cheat days.  especially since I went to Ren. Faire on Saturday and we all know how healthy Faire food is.  But on Saturday at the Faire I was still good with getting a Turkey leg but that is 1300 calories right there and then the Mead did not help either.

Sunday I had a small 1cup of Pasta salad that I made and then for dinner I had skinless chicken enchilada's that I made.

Saturday at Ren. Faire I broke my record on steps with 18000 steps.

Sunday I had 8000 steps

But the weekend I missed working out on my Wii Fit and baby shark or Alexis Ren Ab workouts.

But I am happy that I at ;east lost 1lbs over the weekend

Just now, Dakota16 said:

Beware on that. My experience with Apple is they’ll replace for one issue and that’s it. My iPhone 6 had its charger port go bad and they replaced it no questions asked. When the replacement’s screen cracked and shattered about 6 or 7 months later, they wouldn’t replace it since was already a replacement phone.

They didn’t have to replace even that one. It was completely my fault. I was trying to figure out how much it would cost. Regarding the number of incidents it is specified in the warranty plan. The iPad AppleCare +includes two incidents.

This is still better then getting a legitimate replacement from FitBit that was defective and then being told they won’t support it any further.

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Amy LeBlanc said:

The Weekend both Saturday and Sunday were cheat days.  especially since I went to Ren. Faire on Saturday and we all know how healthy Faire food is. 

I do the same thing, Amy.  That's exactly what cheat days are for...lol.  I save my cheat days (usually once a month) for events like this.  It's really not practical to stay on a diet 24/7/365, however inclusive the foods may be on your diet.  Glad you enjoyed the fare at the Faire.

Susan R? 

Monday I went back to my workout.  This time I just did the Alexis Ren workout and it was tough.  I was only able to do 5min of the 10min workout and my core was hurting.  But I have to say that the fact I made it through 5min was pretty good.  I am still shooting to be able to do the full 10min workout routine from her.

Monday meal was:  1 cup of leftover pasta salad lunch.  Apple for snack.  Leftover enchiladas for Dinner.

I have noticed that with the time I work as well, that I dont eat very much and my portions are smaller smaller and still I have noticed that I dont really eat a whole lot.  I have also cut back on the pasta's for the carbs.  

I had no workout yesterday. Had to work a 17 hour shift and didn’t get home till midnight. But I was proud of myself because instead of getting something easy like pizza for dinner (I didn’t have food with me for 19 hours of time away) I went to the salad bar and had a salad instead. Small victory sure, but that’s the difference of a 1 pound swing in weight making those choices. And today I don’t care that I didn’t have that pizza. It’s these small victories that add up to seeing the person you want to see in that mirror. Try to cut out some of this useless eating this week when you can. Even if it’s 1-2-3 little things. That’s whats going to make that difference. Pick up that apple instead of that chocolate bar. Or a side of broccoli instead of that pasta. Remember that an hour later you’re not going to care that you had that peanut butter cup or that apple. But your body will appreciate the apple. 

Keep pushing!! ????

That is amazing Kirsten.  I have done the same thing now where I start grabbing leftovers from what I made the night before instead of the convenience foods.  Or if I dont have leftovers, I tend to make up something small like a salad or a veggie plate or even I would make up a sandwich which I have switched to wheat bread.   But have noticed that eating healthier and smaller portions that I am not eating as much and able to fill me up to being content with energy instead of those quick convenience meals that just end up making you eat more and more and dont really fill you up but adds the weight on.

• Forum Moderator

Congrats to everyone on your exercise and weight loss efforts this week.  With all the snow it's been crazy but I persevered and got my workouts in.  I did ok with my diet too.  One tiny mistake I made was eating meat 4 times this week instead of my self imposed limit of 3 times per week. The last day I ate meat was Sunday which due to Tuesday being my weigh in day, I'm likely still carrying that extra weight.  But in spite of that, I still lost 1.9lbs. which is only slightly below normal for me per week. My current average weight loss is 2.33lbs per week.

Here are my weight loss totals as of today

Using my home scale from Oct. 5 - today:  42.4lb weight loss.

Using doctors scale from Sept. 25 - today:  46.4lb weight loss.

Weight loss still needed to hit target weight: 7.6lbs

Good luck to you all on your goals this upcoming week!

Susan R?

Stray warm if you are in the snow states.  Down south here in Phoenix, AZ it has been 70 degrees so I have been able to go outside and walk around the block.

I have then also did the Alexis Ren Ab workout today.  I still can only make it the first 5min.  But that first 5min of the 10min workout does burn alot of fat and calories off your core.  I lost 1.5lbs so I am happy.  Finally passed the 218 mark and now at 217 even.

But I am continuing to workout and watch what I eat