• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

That is a nasty scar. Just think at some point people could think that was a c section scar. Maybe in a few more weeks I'll feel willing to share a photo.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

So I stepped on the scale this morning with nothing on so I can get what I truly weigh.  I am at 218.

Congrats Amy,  the weight is dropping.  Nice photo of you too!

I also cheated a little and had pizza last night.  It was the new Cauliflower crust veggie pizza. Only 610 cals. per pizza.  All the ingrediants were on my OK list except the the cheese but there wasn't much cheese which is why the cals. are so low.

Keep it going ladies!

Susan R?

I had pizza the other day too but I lost a couple more pounds for some reason. Today I had potato soup but unfortunately that’s probably going to be my diet for my days off. I’m going to be eating chicken for lunch at work because it’s cheap and easy to fix. The only reason I even had pizza is because that is what they bought for everyone at work and that’s what most workplaces are doing these days. 3 different jobs have done that repeatedly in the past year. 

Today I did some light exercise but I had to clean the kitchen and I need to finish the bedroom. It’s a madhouse because I had to dig through all my clothes in chests and totes to find my winter layers and other missing things. It’s a good time to organize it though since it’s all out. That’s exercise on a way.

That is a great pic Amy! Keep up the good work! 

Yesterday was a top day. Not many steps, but my arms had a hell of a workout from painting. I did the second coat of trim and first round of rolling with the misses and I did the final coat myself. It was a solid 5 hours of upper body exercise. 

20 floors, 8000 steps for 3.7 miles, 2900 cals burned, and 86 mins of active time avg heartbeat was only 92 though. 

I also had some buffalo wings from a restaurant and 2 beers, so not a great day. 

Oh weigh in was 188 as well but I think I’ll loose some of that after my bad eating yesterday. 

Yesterday I was feeling almost back to normal. I had an Animal Style In N Out cheeseburger for dinner, chicken noodle soup for lunch and fruit for breakfast. I also managed to get a minimum of 870 calorie movement based burn.

This morning I weighed in at 195.8 pounds.

Today I brought my own lunch and water. I don’t intend to get contaminated again anytime soon.

Good idea. I’m cooking some chicken noodle soup right now and I hope it’s done before lunch. I’m behind schedule and running late to start laundry before it’s late and cold out. I’m probably going to burn several calories just trying to stay warm. Haven’t weighed myself yet today.

Crappy day yesterday. No video. I did get in a 1/2 hour walk at work in work boots though. 

15 floors, 11700 steps for 5.4 miles, 2800 cals burned, but only 28 mins of activity avg heartbeat a measly 85. ? 

just had too much to do yesterday. Meal prep, dinner, touch up painting in the living room, mounting tv to the wall, and cleaning up all the “stuff” (brushes, rollers, paint, tape, plastic, drop cloths, mudding tools, etc....). Not to mention moving the furniture back. So it was 930 before I was done all that. 

But today I have therapy, and as soon as I get home from that I am doing my video! I have the tv hooked up and enough of the floor open finally. Been going crazy with no videos. I feel like a lazy arse girl. 

Funny how once you start exercising and all, it’s gotta happen every day or you get upset with yourself. 

Meal plan this week 

1: protein shake

2: 1 hard boiled egg, and fruit salad

3: teriyaki chicken stir fry

4: apple

5: chicken veggie and salad

6: mixed berries and mango. 

Cals are 1370 a day this week. 

I hear you Kirsten.  I have been finding myself the same way now with eating better and exercising.  I took one day off and just felt so useless.  Have to keep doing it now.  It has now become a part of me.

Yesterday or food:

Breakfast: Oatmeal

Snack: Carrots

Dinner: bean & Cheese & ground beef burritos.

I got 9500 steps in yesterday.  Did not get alot of exercise in with running errands before work like going to my FFS consultation and picking up my prescription and going to the bank.

Could not really work out, but th steps helped out.  Yet I felt like I was lazy

This must be the day for slackers. I didn’t get in a full day of exercise yesterday either. We’re allowed to have off days. Sometimes we just have to rest.

You are both doing so well. Don’t lose heart.

Today’s weigh in was 195.3 pounds.

I didn’t do as much exercise yesterday. I had work to catch up on and I had to dialate.

In all though another day another half a pound. Looking in the mirror today I still don’t have a waist smaller then my hips. Even worse it’s now it’s in line with my hips and it sent a shiver up my spine in a horrible way. The only saving grace is I know my waist is shrinking because it used to be larger and any smaller is less then my hips so it’s darkest just before dawn.

I have even more motivation to work on losing weight.  When I had my FFS consultation, the doctor told it straight to me that I do have fat on and around my face that is not normal for a feminine face.  Under my chin, I have the starting of a double chin and where the jaw meets the neck is where the other fat is.  So if I can also lose that, it will help my face out to appear more feminine.  But was told that my cheeks are a prefect size with how the fat distributed up there cause I do now have feminine cheeks.

So as I work on trying to lose weight in my core area so I can go down to single digits on pants size, I also want to make sure that I lose weight around my chin / jaw area where it meets the neck.

The doctor surgeon really congratulated me on giving up soda and alcohol and fast food.  and changing my diet and portions.  I still love pasta's but I know that is full of carbs, so I have been limiting my carb intake now.

At least you’re losing weight. I am losing inches on inches,  but my weight is not dropping. I’m stuck in these high 180s with no end in sight. And I’m sure to gain this week with super bowl Sunday. 

Im getting much stronger. Just not much smaller. ?

On 1/28/2019 at 6:39 AM, RithiaAllen said:

I had an Animal Style In N Out cheeseburger for dinner

Rithia!  You KNOW that's not healthy.  Sinfully delicious for sure...but not healthy.  LOL  I hate to say it but when I've had to help cover PM shift and didn't get a supper break, I'd stop at In N Out and get a dbl dbl cheeseburger with grilled and raw onions, a single cheeseburger the same, and a sack -o- frys.  That was bad...really bad. 

25 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

I’m stuck in these high 180s with no end in sight. And I’m sure to gain this week with super bowl Sunday. 

And Kirsten, I'm right there with you.  I'm stuck.  I do a 5+ mile workout loop daily and while things are shaping up better etc., my weight is stable - as in STUCK.  Ugh  But, I'm definitely more healthy.  I just need to adjust my workout a little but mostly my current diet.  I seem to do the best on a high protein low carb diet.  I tried the keto diet and my tummy didn't like it...one bit.

32 minutes ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

The doctor surgeon really congratulated me on giving up soda and alcohol and fast food.  and changing my diet and portions.

Amy, you SHOULD be congratulated on that.  Those are three things that contribute to more dietary/health problems than most people realize.  And for my spouse and I, when we changed our portion sizes, that is when we really lost a lot of weight together.  In the past, if we went out, I'd lick my plate clean.  Now when we go out, we either share a meal, or we each take half home and use it later. 

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Briana said:

Rithia!  You KNOW that's not healthy.  Sinfully delicious for sure...but not healthy.  LOL  I hate to say it but when I've had to help cover PM shift and didn't get a supper break, I'd stop at In N Out and get a dbl dbl cheeseburger with grilled and raw onions, a single cheeseburger the same, and a sack -o- frys.  That was bad...really bad. 

It's just sooo good Briana, no guilt, I add the choco shake, but it does take a few days to process this ?

Just now, Briana said:

And Kirsten, I'm right there with you.  I'm stuck.  I do a 5+ mile workout loop daily and while things are shaping up better etc., my weight is stable - as in STUCK.  Ugh  But, I'm definitely more healthy.  I just need to adjust my workout a little but mostly my current diet.  I seem to do the best on a high protein low carb diet.  I tried the keto diet and my tummy didn't like it...one bit.

Amy, you SHOULD be congratulated on that.  Those are three things that contribute to more dietary/health problems than most people realize.  And for my spouse and I, when we changed our portion sizes, that is when we really lost a lot of weight together.  In the past, if we went out, I'd lick my plate clean.  Now when we go out, we either share a meal, or we each take half home and use it later. 

Now to be fair I only ate the burger and no fries although I had intended to. It was the first solid food I had in days and the first outing from my apartment after getting out of bed for a purpose other then to rush to the bathroom in days.

I regret nothing ? well maybe that I only had one.

Yesterday I had the remnants of my rigatoni which wasn’t much delicious and a dowlnof Panda Express noodles, fried rice and walnut shrimp.

Today I am eating leftovers from dinner and I don’t know what is for dinner. Maybe chicken? 

• Forum Moderator

Hi all, Tuesday's here and that means weigh-in day for me.  Was a good week s far as excersize and diet intake.  Nothing really special to report...lost a whooping 1.5lbs for a subpar weekly result.  Sometimes I just couldn't care less...this is one of those weeks.

Here are my weight loss totals as of today

Using my home scale from Oct. 5 - today:  38.0lb weight loss.

Using doctors scale from Sept. 25 - today:  42.0lb weight loss.

Weight loss still needed to hit target weight: 12lbs

The good news I find by studying my numbers in depth is that all my numbers are nice whole even integers this week..lol

Hope you all do a little better than myself on your weight loss goals,

Susan R?

I was so exhausted from the cold and walking outside in it. Hopefully  I didn’t get sick again. But it did burn a lot of calories. I was surprised to find out that I had fallen asleep long before I was supposed to and woke up way too early. Going back to sleep was difficult but I eventually did and then woke up a little late but still made it to work on time. However I did not weigh myself this morning nor did I exercise. 

I got a cheap-o scale from target. After weighing in with it I found it consistently gave me the same weight. How accurate it is I have no idea but I can get back to tracking if I am losing weight by not having a scale that is all over the place.

The even better news is I was down to 195 pounds. I was worried I might have been gaining weight but thankfully this was not the case.

That is messed up Rithia with your Scale.

I have found out that my scale is right on, cause when I had my Wii Fit board check my weight and also check my BMI it showed me the same as the scale in my bathroom.

Yesterday I was working out on my Wii Fit board doing the cardio and spent a good 1 hour at that I burned 1096 calories.  I did the running and had to look for the other Mii individuals which was hard to find but the running was grate.  Then I did the step challenge which was fun and added to my steps at 11256.  Then I was play this racket ball and knocking the blocks out.

I was actually sweating and had my heart rate up at 126.  But it was very fun doing the Wii Fit.  So I get to play video games to workout.

Then also I have been physically writing down in my food journal everything I eat and when I eat.  And I was noticing that I dont eat alot to begin with.

Keep up the good work.

I had a Wii fit way back when but I sold my Wii for some crazy reason.

I have a Wii U now. I looked online an a Wii fit u board is very inexpensive. I’m hoping it comes with the old games I remember. It would be fun to do all the stuff with it again. I went ahead and ordered one.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, RithiaAllen said:

I got a cheap-o scale from target. After weighing in with it I found it consistently gave me the same weight. How accurate it is I have no idea

We bought a scale that does something similar to this.  My wife and I weigh in together so we alternate so it doesn't automatically give the same reading twice.

If I weigh in with shoes on then immediately weigh in again with shoes off, I get the same weight.  If my wife weighs in and then I get back on the scale with no shoes again, it reads a few pounds lighter.  If I put the shoes back on immediately and re-weigh myself, it gives the same previous weight given without the shoes.

I think it's some algorithm that they programmed in to make it appear more consistent.  I would never buy this Taylor brand again.

The even better news is I was down to 195 pounds.

Congrats Rithia, on your weight loss success.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

The even better news is I was down to 195 pounds. I was worried I might have been gaining weight but thankfully this was not the case.

Nice Rithia ! congrats

C -

1 hour ago, Susan R said:

We bought a scale that does something similar to this.  My wife and I weigh in together so we alternate so it doesn't automatically give the same reading twice.

If I weigh in with shoes on then immediately weigh in again with shoes off, I get the same weight.  If my wife weighs in and then I get back on the scale with no shoes again, it reads a few pounds lighter.  If I put the shoes back on immediately and re-weigh myself, it gives the same previous weight given without the shoes.

I think it's some algorithm that they programmed in to make it appear more consistent.  I would never buy this Taylor brand again.

Congrats Rithia, on your weight loss success.

Susan R?

This one will register weight differences and spit out a new value. So I can weigh myself dressed and undressed to find out what my outfit weighs so I can weigh myself the rest of the day without having to strip down every time.

I also have the Base2 but it weighs in all over the place. I felt like I needed a cheap second opinion to see if the Base2 is remotely in the ballpark. It is, but it confounds the issue so much I just can’t trust it so I’ll be returning it tomorrow and keeping the cheap one from target. It has a ww on it but I couldn’t be more specific.

I need to keep an eye on the prize. So here are some more photos from when I was transitioning before I gained weight.

2E8BACB9-64A5-4887-AF08-B00A9CA62A51.jpeg

F1C18A72-39E9-45BB-9056-287DA732777C.jpeg

4E7920D1-59B9-4931-A02B-AD98F8544DC6.jpeg