Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What are you wearing today?


Ann W

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ashley0616

    710

  • Bri2020

    526

  • Birdie

    487

  • Elizabeth Star

    469

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Elizabeth Star said:

I actually got a dress with sleeves!

 

photo-output(1).thumb.jpg.8b015a1ae6f67fc0b16391a92febfcf0.jpg

and you're rocking it ❤️!

Link to comment
On 4/12/2022 at 9:51 PM, Elizabeth Star said:

I actually got a dress with sleeves!

 

photo-output(1).thumb.jpg.8b015a1ae6f67fc0b16391a92febfcf0.jpg

That dress is fire!  I love the boots, too.

Link to comment
On 4/12/2022 at 9:51 PM, Elizabeth Star said:

I actually got a dress with sleeves!

 

photo-output(1).thumb.jpg.8b015a1ae6f67fc0b16391a92febfcf0.jpg

very cute !  I think you need a hot pink one just like it.  ;) 

 

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

very cute !  I think you need a hot pink one just like it.  ;) 

 

 

I mean the right pink that matches her complexion, sure. Maybe with accents. I mean not JUST pink.

 

Ooh, or a deep red... That dress would look good in red...

 

Absolutely keep the belt though, you're rocking that. Perfect accent. Honestly that whole style is super-flattering on you @Elizabeth Star.

 

Hugs!

Link to comment

PratanaEyes041422.thumb.jpg.27a12d8518fd5a1898418ed01336f934.jpg

Feeling really happy about my eye makeup today, after watching tutorials and practicing for two weeks! I still need to get mascara for the eyes, and once I have foundation/concealer/powder that matches my skin, I'll begin practicing that also! Electrolysis is going to be a welcome service as well XD

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Pratana said:

PratanaEyes041422.thumb.jpg.27a12d8518fd5a1898418ed01336f934.jpg

Feeling really happy about my eye makeup today, after watching tutorials and practicing for two weeks! I still need to get mascara for the eyes, and once I have foundation/concealer/powder that matches my skin, I'll begin practicing that also! Electrolysis is going to be a welcome service as well XD

It's certainly a process but looks like you're getting the eyes. Eyeliner is still my bane. Good choice in color!, Stay away from the whole dark sultry look unless you get FFS. Stay with lighter colors.  One thing that can help your eyes is start working on removing hair from the lower part of your eyebrows toward the midline/nose bridge to make your brows "look" higher and thinner. It lets more light into the eye area /less shadow and  highlights your eye shadow. Or you can have them waxed.  I use a #3 trimmer on my electric clipper to get the length down then this tool to "shaper" them because I just can't do the plucking thing. If you ever do FFS the brow ridge reduction and subsequent brow lift corrects this challenge. Until then this technique can help.  Bushy brows are a newer trend with women but if we try that it looks "heavy" and accentuates our brow ridge :(.   You have gorgeous eyes btw!

And you will be surprised how fast electrolysis will start helping given how dark your hair is.  It's a very long process so prioritize it if you can.

https://www.amazon.com/Finishing-Touch-Flawless-Eyebrow-Lavender/dp/B07M9Z5FD8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=PHL769EIZLFA&keywords=eyebrow+trimmer+for+women&qid=1649949605&sprefix=eyebrow+trimmer%2Caps%2C79&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSDRNOVFOVUlNWVQzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzQ4MzYzMUtOWDYxRU1aSUlCRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDk0NzI5MzRPRTk4UUJOU0dVTiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Link to comment

Hey, @Bri2020! Thanks for the hints and tips! I'm actually working with a donated palette at the moment, so I don't have a lot of room to move outside of that just yet. Once I get a job, it's on! I will definitely consider removing some weight from the side of my brows that are closer to my eyelid; I've already been cleaning up the bottom of the arch away from my nose, so it's in my joy to play around with that heavier bit you're talking about.

 

FFS is already in my scope as something I'll want to do a year after starting hormones. My nose and jawline are extremely bold, and that needs to change if I'm hoping to pass for anything but a Greek girl (I'm fluent in the language, but not from there).

 

As for electrolysis, have you any thoughts/knowledge about the at-home units?

 

Hugs for you and thanks for the feedback!

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Pratana said:

 

 

As for electrolysis, have you any thoughts/knowledge about the at-home units?

 

Hugs for you and thanks for the feedback!

At home units are not effective at all.  I'm not sure where you are in MD but if you happen to be inside the beltway then over the bridge in Alexandria is Alternative Health Associates which does great electro work and has been working with the trans community for 20+ years.

Unfortunately, electro is basically a nice car payment per month to get done around here. I was going once a week for 60 or 90 minutes for 18 months. I had to stop after FFS for a while to give the face time to heal. Kaiser pays for most of it except $30/visit if I use AHA. They're considered in network.

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

At home units are not effective at all.  I'm not sure where you are in MD but if you happen to be inside the beltway then over the bridge in Alexandria is Alternative Health Associates which does great electro work and has been working with the trans community for 20+ years.

Unfortunately, electro is basically a nice car payment per month to get done around here. I was going once a week for 60 or 90 minutes for 18 months. I had to stop after FFS for a while to give the face time to heal. Kaiser pays for most of it except $30/visit if I use AHA. They're considered in network.

All of that is great to know, @Bri2020. At your suggestion, I've made note of AHA and will consider them highly upon my return to the workforce!

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator
On 4/4/2022 at 5:22 PM, Jamey said:

The tag says "Live and Let Live" 💖

@Jamey Thank you for posting this. I found a few outlets that sell the “Live and Let Live” ladies tops. The line is wonderful for us older gals. I love tunics and that brand carries many wonderful choices. I couldn’t find the exact one you were wearing in your pic but I did find several alternative choices that I really like.😁

Link to comment

2nd date with a woman I went hiking with last week. I'm cooking her dinner and then we planned on "couch cuddles" and stream a movie.  I'm cooking a scallop Tajine. I think it's going to go well because I am having a fabulous hair day. lol. Only challenge (or is it) is this dress' propensity to have a wardrobe malfunction.  haha

2FC32ABD-FAB0-48D2-B91A-5B2DE2256774.thumb.jpeg.1264fd5ef60fe02b0ef03b327e0e44cc.jpeg5E5D3677-3553-4EB0-BB19-0C3A04868652.thumb.jpeg.f3c9a8c12eb782e408983f831527ccd7.jpeg

Link to comment

Tajine! Moroccan food! So Good! enjoy your date and i hope you have a wardrobe malfunction!!!

Link to comment

Thank you everyone. and yes there was a wardrobe malfunction but went unnoticed :(. lol.   However, I think I've hooked her on my cooking. #mad-kitchen-skills-are-sexy

Today I get to see a girlfriend who I haven't seen in about two months since was away on work. Just a really good friendship. She was my first "new friend" after I came out and has been such an amazing part of my life this last 18 months or so.  She's having a brunch today. I don't celebrate Easter but thought an  easter style dress was appropriate for the day. (although the temps dropped :(.  ). 

Now that I look at this the boots aren't going to work so I will figure out something there. lol

IMG_3171.JPG

Link to comment
On 4/12/2022 at 10:12 AM, Jandi said:

Having to wear ball caps as uniform in the military and then on my job turned me against ball caps.  To each their own I guess.

 

Been trying to get back in the habit of walks by the river.  I used to go regularly, but then covid, and also a flood washed out a lot of the trail.  But they're getting tings put back together now.  I was down there this morning.

image.jpeg.e248e0c8eec9f929aec6f34a9e127a2f.jpeg

 

You look marvelous, @Jandi . This is a beautiful picture. 

Link to comment
On 4/14/2022 at 11:31 AM, Bri2020 said:

It's certainly a process but looks like you're getting the eyes. Eyeliner is still my bane. Good choice in color!, Stay away from the whole dark sultry look unless you get FFS. Stay with lighter colors.  One thing that can help your eyes is start working on removing hair from the lower part of your eyebrows toward the midline/nose bridge to make your brows "look" higher and thinner. It lets more light into the eye area /less shadow and  highlights your eye shadow. Or you can have them waxed.  I use a #3 trimmer on my electric clipper to get the length down then this tool to "shaper" them because I just can't do the plucking thing. If you ever do FFS the brow ridge reduction and subsequent brow lift corrects this challenge. Until then this technique can help.  Bushy brows are a newer trend with women but if we try that it looks "heavy" and accentuates our brow ridge :(.   You have gorgeous eyes btw!

And you will be surprised how fast electrolysis will start helping given how dark your hair is.  It's a very long process so prioritize it if you can.

https://www.amazon.com/Finishing-Touch-Flawless-Eyebrow-Lavender/dp/B07M9Z5FD8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=PHL769EIZLFA&keywords=eyebrow+trimmer+for+women&qid=1649949605&sprefix=eyebrow+trimmer%2Caps%2C79&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExSDRNOVFOVUlNWVQzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzQ4MzYzMUtOWDYxRU1aSUlCRiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDk0NzI5MzRPRTk4UUJOU0dVTiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Yeah I been using that 20 dollar trimmer and it's a little slow but it works. Then one of those brown ink brow pensto fill in the scant patches and accentuate the shape. 

Link to comment

First day out of the house as Alice. Just wandering around town in the sunshine, but I feel like I have crossed another line.

Feeling very pleased with myself😊

image.thumb.jpeg.480398f0852f06a3c575f050e5786faa.jpeg

Link to comment
2 hours ago, WillbeAlice said:

First day out of the house as Alice. Just wandering around town in the sunshine, but I feel like I have crossed another line.

Feeling very pleased with myself😊

image.thumb.jpeg.480398f0852f06a3c575f050e5786faa.jpeg

Wow u look gorgeous and the outfit is spot on!! Rock on lady!

Link to comment

I went shopping at a $5 sidewalk sale so be prepared for me taking over this thread for about 2 weeks. lol. I bought 16 different pieces including this tie front top I am wearing out on a date tonight. We're just getting tacos so not getting too dressed up. However, I'm going braless and leaving the top button undone to give that almost peekaboo look. Yea, I'm a tease. lol.  On the other hand, I am going to see Carmen (the opera) at the Kennedy Center next month so one of my friends is lending me this gorgeous dress. Now to find strappy heels in gold.  

 

6860FA19-1B7E-4799-AA4D-8677C9F1A44C_1_201_a.jpeg

79AE4778-C2DB-4BBF-A085-06477BD31030.jpeg

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

    • Sally Stone
    • Vidanjali
    • EasyE
    • KathyLauren
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • alexhoxdson
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      80.8k
    • Total Posts
      770.8k
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      12,132
    • Most Online
      8,356

    Kay3Seven
    Newest Member
    Kay3Seven
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. AP94
      AP94
      (30 years old)
    2. Clare27
      Clare27
      (50 years old)
    3. Shawnster
      Shawnster
      (54 years old)
  • Posts

    • Vidanjali
      It's kind of like the very slow recovery after a devastating hurricane (which mercifully I've not lived through). Rainbows do tend to appear post-storm.    About the Don't Say Gay settlement. Teachers are now allowed to talk about LGBTQIA+ stuff & to be LGBTQIA+, as long as it's not part of the curriculum. So still no formalized education allowed.    The overall impression on the culture of Florida and its influence on US and world culture has had its effect. I do consider myself an optimist and a realist, and do not mean to seem pessimistic. It is good that DeSantis has cooled his jets to whatever extent he has. But the collateral damage here (and by extension elsewhere) is palpable. Yes, people rejoice - we can gather once more and celebrate pride. But it seems to require more guts than just a few years ago bc so many h8ers have been enabled and empowered by policies and demonizing rhetoric over the last few years.    The wonderful thing about hurricane recovery, returning to that comparison, is that it often brings out the very best virtues in people such as compassion, kindness, generosity, and a deeper sense of fellowship and goodwill.
    • VickySGV
      Seems like they caught him pumping gasoline onto a political fire for sure.  I do think that for the time being he has been cooled down a bit. 
    • Davie
      It was Fran Jeffery, manager of The Animals, who signed Jimi Hendrix and brought him to England—launching the career of the best guitarist of all time.
    • VickySGV
      I am not completely sure what you mean here.  To be "held responsible" means that they have been investigated and brought to justice by any number of legal and financial means.  That would be a good thing, and has been done recently in a case for slander and libel where the organization agreed to pay its victims many millions of dollars.  In that case the victims were NOT Trans, but the platform was "held responsible". If you mean simply "found to be responsible" by evidence obtained from various credible sources, then of course there are options for the victims to pursue to "hold them responsible" in monetary or terms of personal freedom of the officers.  There are many such organizations that do foster hatred of our community and we have taken different forms of action which includes exposing their hatred and intentions to other public media.  It is not a "what if" the groups do this, it is done regularly.  As long as they are deemed to be private and not government supported, the best we can do is avoid such places.  If the site is Government Supported, then there is a chain of legal events that one or many legal organizations that support the Trans Community can bring actions to have corrected via the Courts or other agencies as dictated by law. 
    • Davie
      RIP, Doug Ingle, front man of rock band Iron Butterfly, dies aged 78. Singer and organist wrote 17-minute classic In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida,
    • Davie
      Florida’s LGBTQ+ residents relieved after easing of DeSantis’s anti-gay laws Past 12 months show evidence of radical change in political climate, starting with judge again allowing children at drag shows. Leaders of Florida’s much-embattled LGBTQ+ communities say the worst of Governor Ron DeSantis’s three-year onslaught against them may be over, with the official start of Pride month celebrations only days away. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/27/florida-lgbt-law-ron-desantis
    • Ashley0616
      I have four purses. A Coach purse being the only big-name brand but it's not in great shape. I might get another Coach purse because I like their design. 
    • KymmieL
      Happy Memorial day. As a veteran of the armed forces. I know the sacrifice that has been given by others like me. Each and every service member signs the check up to and including my life, payable to the Untied States of America. Some have had this check cashed, either in battle or because of it. Today we honor those men and woman.   It is sad that some people just think it is a extra day off to raise hell and get drunk.   Today I honor my father and brother in law, two uncles, and all of those I have met while in uniform, who have passed.     Hugs to all.   Kymmie
    • April Marie
      I always hated wearing hats but am finding some new love for them now, especially with longer hair to try to control.
    • Ivy
      Hats can be fun.  A nice sun hat with a wide brim.  You gotta watch out in the wind though.
    • Ivy
      Goodness, that could never happen.  Maybe you're just being a little paranoid?
    • Mirrabooka
      The tornados made our news here. Death toll 18 so far? Yikes. It seems like the USA is infamous for them, unfortunately. Stay safe, y'all.   Public holidays to revere our veterans and war dead are sacred. Our equivalent is ANZAC Day on April 25th each year. To those who served, THANK YOU.
    • Mmindy
      Good morning everyone,   Yes, @awkward-yet-sweet it was very strong weather day down South and in the Midwest. Our thoughts and prayers are with them as they recover. It’s also good to hear that you and yours are doing well too.    My day started early as Parker needed to go outside to do his business and potty. Since it was dawn and flag etiquette requires all USA 🇺🇸 flags to be flown at half staff from sunrise until noon in honor of our fallen veterans, I took care of my flag. I fly it 24/7 on a lighted pole following the www.starsandstripesdaily.org guidance.    Later today we will be gathering at our son’s house for a cookout. Other family members will be bringing their dogs to be introduced and socializing with Parker.    Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Working on inner resistant wounded child.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.
×
×
  • Create New...