• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Reaching my target weight

RithiaAllen

Just now, Amy LeBlanc said:

Way to go Kirsten.

I had a good day.  I got a total of 13450 steps from doing a early spring cleaning in my house and cleaning everything up and getting rid of some stuff.  Then I did 30min worth of workout on my Wii Fit

Burned a total of 2000 calories

I ate:

Mixed Nuts = calories 170

Chicken Teriyaki Bowl = 190

Very unhealthy dinner chili dog slider = 600 calories

I drank nothing but water

total calories = 960 calories

I stood on the scale before getting into the shower this morning and I lost 1lbs.

Looking forward to more steps, doing my Wii Fit and going to do baby shark ab challenge 

That is some very healthy eating. I know sometimes I dip below the 1000 calories per day mark but don't make a regular habit of being quite that low. You need to make sure you are getting your vital nutrients like vitamins and proteins. These are the building blocks for maintaining your body. It's interesting to note that some cells in our bodies only last for a handful of days. 

For instance yesterday I had:

For lunch the last of my rotisserie chicken and my last three ego blueberry waffles with Maple syrup. For dinner I had home made rigatoni with home made meatballs and pesto sauce. I kept my portion size down to a cup of noodles and one spatula worth of sauce and two meatballs. My calories yesterday was 1277 and I burned a little over 3000, I don't have an exact number because I had to charge my Apple Watch and Fitbit.

Keep it up you are doing great. :D

For me this is a red letter day. Today I weighed in at 199.3 pounds. I am finally below 200 pounds!

5 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Happy Sunday!

yesterday I had a slow day on the exercise front. I had to take a day for recouperation after pushing so hard lately. But I still did okay for no exercise. 

35 floors, 10040 steps for 4.5 miles, 2800 cals burned (but I took in about 2200 yesterday),  and 52 minutes of exercise avg heartbeat at 109. That was all from moving and building furniture. 

But today will be a big day. I’m already at almost 11k steps and 80 mins of exercise (shoveling and snow blowing!) and I’ll have to go out once more to clear it all up once it stops. Hoping for 20k steps today!! 

Snow is so great!! ☃️☃️☃️???❄️❄️❄️

That is a nice amount of walking. My numbers are down for me because I was stuck at Firestone yesterday having work done on the car. thanks Chevy for a crappy design on the Valve cover .... plastic welded shut over the cheap rubber seal ... seriously why? I also had to get regular scheduled maintenance done like replacing the spark plugs, alternator belt, air filters and an oil change. At least I knocked off about 45% of the cost through their deals and haggling.

Steps: 13342

Miles: 6.08

Calories: 3110

Minutes of Exercise: 60 minutes

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RithiaAllen

• Kirsten

• Raven1981

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m going to try to get a scale today. Walgreens has one but I’m not paying $27 for one. Maybe while I’m shopping today I’ll find a more affordable option.

I’m going to try some PiYo today and tomorrow morning. 

Just finished the baby shark ab challenge twice with a 5min break inbetween.  I finally got all the moves down but it is still tough.  Always sitting in a halo hold which is where you are in a V I really felt it in my legs and my core.

I got my heart rate up to 111 and burned 222 calories alone just doing baby shark.

I love how fun baby shark is and the music.  I can see why Kirsten love the Shaun T beach bodies cause having the music that match the workout, made it fun.  

I then waited 10min and went back into a halo hold and did a V up crunch which I felt it again in my core.

I actually have a scale now! That’s the good news. The bad news is I weigh 187 according to the scale. So I’m in terrible need of more exercise. I’ve never weighed this much before and my last weight in was at 167. I’m not sure where it is because I’m not really fat. I have a pooch but that’s it. I’m going to see if they tell how to calibrate the scale. It’s slightly up from zero but should not make that much of a difference. Confused.

• Forum Moderator

OMG that scale, the numbers, oh my. It's readings seem to get amplified this time of year. I stepped on the scale yesterday (Sunday morning is my designated weigh in), I won't look at it daily, because I know it will drive me crazy,  yet happy to say I survived the holidays and am now exactly where I was before Halloween (oh those miniature almond joys that I am supposed to hand out to the kids, call my name).

C -

Good morning. Weigh in day! The scale says 189.6  which is pretty good for me. That’s a couple pounds this week. Great bonus to the fact that I am down 5 belt loops in 2 weeks. And almost 10 pounds in 2 weeks. 

Yesterday I had 21 floors, 19500 steps for 9 miles, 3200 cals burned, and 139 minutes of exercise avg heartbeat 115. And I didn’t even exercise. Lol. 

Today is meal prep day. 

Scrambled egg cups w/ melon

shrimp veggie wraps

salad with chicken

apple

mixed dinners. (Chicken or spag&meatball) 

and mixed fruit 

easy peasy. Hope you all had good weeks too!! 

I going to start weighing myself once a week as well.  But today's weigh in is 219lbs.  So yes, I am finally down past the 220.

So as I have said previously, I did baby shark twice and burned 222 calories.  Did halo V-up's and then had 8634 steps.  Got another 560 calories burned.  So 782 calories burned.

Yesterdays meals: 

Scramble eggs with cheese on top = Breakfast

Mixed nuts = Snack

Home made Chicken salad, with hard boil egg, and Ranch dressing = Dinner

I am going to try to prep my meals and make sure that I have them ready and to not each as much

So I have prepared some meals and got them broken down into a cup size container for meals.

I have Apples and mixed nuts for snack.

I have 4x small containers of homemade stirfry

I have 3x small containers of homemade chicken salad

Made a veggie platter of carrots, celery, broccoli

I feel that this may not be enough for the week.  Looking at this and the size of portions as well and seeing that I have made some healthy good meals to eat.

I finally figured out how to calibrate my new scale and to my surprise and relief I’ve actually lost weight instead of gaining 20 lbs. I’m down to 162, so that’s 5 lbs I’ve lost exercising in the last week or so. It’s probably a good indication that the muscle mass that is visibly lost on my upper body is the 5 lbs less on the scale. So yay low calorie diet! It’s working. The muscle loss on my upper body may actually be more but offset by gaining muscle on my lower body. 

I’m going to try to continue the diet for a while and see if I can continue to lose 5 lbs of upper body muscle mass each week. I have read that it’s possible to lose 30 lbs in 16 days but I’m probably not going to see that much. At some point I’ll probably have to stop low calorie and just eat enough to maintain my weight. Then I’m going to try adding more fatty food and see what happens.

Good morning everyone! Time to start off the new week with a bang! 

I took yesterday off for exercise. So I don’t have any info on the day. I don’t wear my watch on off days. But I stuck to my food plan and I’m sure I got 6-7k steps or so. But no exercise. Back to work today for this girl. ?

For myself.  I did some workouts.  I did the baby shark challenge again twice with a 5 min break inbetween.  Did a halo hold and V-up's.

I then got 8000 steps yesterday.

Thank You Kirsten, I took your advice and prepped my meals for the week and it worked out especially since I work overnights and my eating times are way different than normal people's.

Breakfast = home made breakfast burrito that had eggs, sausage, cheese 

Snack = Mixed nuts

Light Lunch = Apple

Dinner = Home made Chicken Salad

I had around 1000 calories for yesterday and burned 800 calories.

I need to work on picking up the activities a little harder

No weight loss to report. I actually weighed in at 199.3 today. But my waist size has dropped down to 43.5 inches so it is possible that I am retaining some water. I’m content though with the shrinking waist and trust that I’ll be below 199 by the end of the upcoming weekend.

I'm happy to see so many making progress! I, however, am progressing the other way. :(

In mid-November I weighed in at the clinic at 174, then it went 183, 182, 186, 186. I've been tracking it all on my fitbit, and yesterday the home scale said 190. I don't get it...nothing has really changed in terms of diet and activities. They're not worried about my thyroid (one of two indicators are elevated, the other is well within normal) or kidneys. I'm driving a lot more nowadays so I'm sitting longer, but I'm countering that by walking hotel halls and campus areas when I can. I can tell I don't have the same muscle strength I had a few months ago, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea the weight jump is all from a loss of muscle mass.

• Forum Moderator

1 hour ago, RithiaAllen said:

I actually weighed in at 199.3 today.

Congrats on another big milestone Rithia.

Here I go again...it's my Tuesday weigh in day.  i actually dreaded weighing in today because I have an appt. today and their doing labs so I had to stay very hydrated yesterday, overnight and all morning.  As it turned out, I ended up losing another 2lbs. this week.  This amount of weight loss seems to be about my regular average.  I'll take it as a win every time.  I know that the weight loss is going to be more difficult as I get closer to my target weight.  A few more months at most and then I'll reevaluate.

Here are my weight loss totals as of today

Using my home scale from Oct. 5 - today:  36.5lb weight loss.

Using doctors scale from Sept. 25 - today:  40.5lb weight loss.

Weight loss still needed to hit target weight: 13.5lbs

Good luck everyone on your exercise & weight loss,

Susan R?

1 hour ago, Dakota16 said:

I'm happy to see so many making progress! I, however, am progressing the other way. :(

In mid-November I weighed in at the clinic at 174, then it went 183, 182, 186, 186. I've been tracking it all on my fitbit, and yesterday the home scale said 190. I don't get it...nothing has really changed in terms of diet and activities. They're not worried about my thyroid (one of two indicators are elevated, the other is well within normal) or kidneys. I'm driving a lot more nowadays so I'm sitting longer, but I'm countering that by walking hotel halls and campus areas when I can. I can tell I don't have the same muscle strength I had a few months ago, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea the weight jump is all from a loss of muscle mass.

Simply having less t in your body will cause weight gain. You may have to change your eating habits and exercise routine simply to maintain. It’s very typical. I gained some weight when I started on hrt. Granted some was probably from poor eating habits, but even now while losing weight I can see how much more stringent I have to be for the same results. Less carbs more fiber. ?

3 hours ago, Dakota16 said:

Fat weighs less then muscle so if it was just conversion you would weigh less.

Start counting your calories and figure out how many calories you need to lose weight and set that as your number of calories per day then start doing some exercise like walking, swimming and/or riding your bike.

I  weighed myself several times over the course of last night and this morning. For a change seems to be more steady in its estimate after I finally managed to get it to properly calibrate itself. Also there are four sensors on it so if you are not dead center it can cause the weight to be lower then centered which I think caused it to inaccurate. The odd pattern on it appears to be a indicator for where to put the heel of your foot. So while still just an estimate because it’s not a beam scale. I am tempted to get one but I don’t really need that level of accuracy. I just need something that will be consistent to help me track trends so I can respond accordingly.

This log while I build confidence in the scale shows the fluctuations of weight in the day. All I’m looking for here is did it go up when I eat and drink and does it come down over time but not so much where it is a fairy tale. It matches the changes over time that I have come to expect.

1700 hours: 200 pounds (whatever gain from lunch was left plus three bottles of water through the day)
1800 hours: 201.1 pounds (dinner and a bottle of water)
2200 hours: 200.2 pounds (going to bed)
0630 hours: 198.6 pounds (getting ready for work)

So my weigh in has broken past the 199 barrier. This makes my weight loss in the last seven days ~4.4 pounds.

Yesterday I burned 3421 calories and ingested 1502 calories and drank 40 Oz of water. To burn the calories I jogged 4 miles and walked an additional 4.4 miles.

Your level of scale accuracy is well above mine. My scale cost 12 dollars. Was never calibrated. And is off by a pound vs my docs scale. 

I had a decent day yesterday. Got my workout videos in and did a short run on the mill. 

19 floors, 12700 steps for 5.7 miles, 2820 cals burned, and 54 mins of exercise. 1400 calories a day in food. 

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

Your level of scale accuracy is well above mine. My scale cost 12 dollars. Was never calibrated. And is off by a pound vs my docs scale. 

I had a decent day yesterday. Got my workout videos in and did a short run on the mill. 

19 floors, 12700 steps for 5.7 miles, 2820 cals burned, and 54 mins of exercise. 1400 calories a day in food. 

I don’t know how accurate it is. The whole genesis of the extra weigh ins was because I was seeing numbers all over the place. It cost $99 though so I’m trying to decide if it is a keeper. My last scale was the cheapest one at Target but it just started saying err after a bag fell on it.

It sounds like you are doing good.

Thanks Rithia. Not as good as you, but I am starting to get the new portioned meals. Like we’ve talked about, this is about a lifestyle change more than a number on a scale. I feel like I’m making a little bit of positive movement in that dept. And just as important for me is that my wife is as well. That’s the biggest reason for all of this for me. To see her healthy and happy with herself. ?

Another average day for me. 18 floors, 11500 steps for 5.3 miles, 2625 cals burned, and 75 mins activity avg heartbeat 110. Almost a copy and paste kind of day lately. 

I actually finished my video and restarted it for a second round yesterday. It’s a very technical dance video, so you really spend most of the workout trying to learn the dance. And it’s hard. It’s just so darn fast. We have 2 weeks left and we are going to go onto insanity! We watched a bit of one of the workouts last night and all the moves came rushing back. I think we will do well with our experience. Prolly run the gambit on Shaun T workouts and hopefully t-20 will be available after we finish these. Insanity is a great workout for a group, so if anyone has access and wants to go go go let me know!!! Great to help with motivation. 

Keep things going girls!! Push push push!!! 

I want to first say thank you to Kirsten.  The meal plan / prep worked and I have noticed that the small cup portion have already changed the way I eat and that when I eat my portion, I am feeling good.  I am no longer feeling full or stuffed to be lazy but feeling good and energetic

Yesterday my meals:

Breakfast = Bowl of Oatmeal

Lunch / Snack  = mixed nuts and a apple

Dinner = Home made Stir Fry

Total calories came out to 1021

My workout has been pretty average.

Got 8500 steps.  Worked on the baby shark ab workout.  walked / jogged around my neighborhood

Only burned off 965 calories

Have not been weighing myself every day anymore.  Have not seen any body changes yet.  But I have noticed that I am feeling alot better and find myself not being tired.

I am very happy that my 2 month soda give up is coming up and my 1 month 100% alcohol free is coming up.  Then my birthday is coming up for Feb. 1st.   I am not seeing this as a diet but I am seeing this as a life style change which has worked since I have given up soda, alcohol, fast food, frozen processed foods and started to introduce home made meals, more fruits and veggies.

Thanks all

Today’s weigh in was 197.9 pounds. I’m lighter by .1 pounds then all the way back to 2013. That is both depressing and super awesome.

Just another 50 to 60 pounds to go. ?