• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

3 hours ago, Willow said:

shortly after my morning shower my underarms become wet

Last summer I went through exactly same issue. Initially I was blaming the heat and sleeveless tops, but it got to the point when I even researched it as a abnormality. Turns out there is an issue like that, and you can get a prescription deodorant, which contains extremely high amounts of aluminium.

Anyway, my old deodorant was compounding the issue, and my sister recommended to try hers. To my surprise it was the solution. Since that time I have been experimenting with various compositions depending on the perceived “strength” and amount of white streaks it leaves on clothes ?

• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieLCheck to see if you have a GOOD FEET Store in your area. They can help you with your posture, hip, knee, and foot pain issues. Beyond that check with your GP to refer you to a podiatrists I had to do this so the insurance would cover my visits. Today I wear $150.00 waterproof work boots from Tractor Supply, and I teach all day in them because I have $750.00 custom inserts to support my arches and support my back.

Hugs,

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get caught up here but there is so much going on.

The sweating thing. I really don't know if I seat less or not. I believe it's less but it's hard to tell with it being so cold. I also switched to women's deodorant a few months ago. An aluminum free type.

Shoes? maybe try Corcs. Everyone I know swears they are most comfortable out there. I have seen a lot of nurses wearing them.

I’ve also noticed I sweat less and don’t stink as much even after being at work for 11 hours a day. As for deodorant I just use secret with ph balance. I had been using women’s deodorant for a few months before I came out maybe it was another sign. 

I am a week and a half from my orchiectomy as long as I pass my Covid test. I’m getting really anxious. I’m not nervous but I just want it gone. I have been filling out the paperwork for my name and gender marker change. The paperwork can be a little overwhelming.

5 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I have thought about the inversion table. Just need to look for one.

Kymmie

Inversion tables are good if you have a herniated or degenerative disk but they are a short relief.  Spending time vertical again and pressure squeezes them again.  See you MD and find out why you are having back pain. Back pain is my specialty since I have a bunch of hardware and a massage therapist by trade.  Proper shoes can be life savers but crocs wouldn't be my first choice for back pain. Nurses love them because they are super light and easy to walk all day in and if you get body fluids on them they clean well. I would have killed for them back when I was an RN. However, Birkenstock help a lot of people.  Main thing is the supporting construction of shoes becomes useless after a few months of long hours and should be replaced regularly.  

Back pain lifestyle changes that pay off for almost everyone-  Lose weight. Doesn't matter how much you weigh, less stress on the back carrying body weight goes a long way. 10lbs can make a huge difference.  Non weight bearing exercise like swimming water exercises.. No weighted squats or standing presses, deadlifts etc. No "impact cardio" like running. Try not to sit for extended periods.  Hydration hydration hydration.  Dehydrated disks aren't happy.  good shoes.  YOGA!  I would be remiss if I didn't advocate for regular massages. 

Chronic back pain sucks big time and feeds into depression which in turn makes more sensitive to pain and round and round you go.  Some people get results for CBD oil capsules/tinctures but that can get expensive. 

I hope you find some relief.

11 hours ago, Willow said:

Good morning 

I had my coffee at 7am est.  now I’m ready to see my cardiologist.  

I have a question for everyone who has been on full HRT for long enough to have changes.

Here is what I have going on:

Breast growth 

body hair changes, less, lighter in places, and clearly slower growing in some areas.  

but now, it seems that my deodorant no longer works.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Have you switch to a woman’s deodorant and does that work?

thanks for your input. Sorry to read write and run.

hugs

Willow

I've been transitioning for 6 mo. now. I've been experiencing the same stuff, including mood swings. My sexual cravings are way less now. Rarely get an erection. Upper body strength and energy much less. Tummy fat harder to get rid of. My wife says my skin has changed also. 

Good Morning! I slept in and I'm still the first one here? Sipping coffee. It snowed last night, I will have to clear the driveway later. Three day weekend. I will probably practice my makeup skills today. I have a few new items to try.

Everyone have a great day!

Good morning,

As per my usual it's k-cup coffee for me.

I'm in such a mixed mood about things. Yesterday morning my wife walked in on me doing my E injection. The first words out of her mouth. Your doing injections now?  I just replied been doing them since November, I told you I switched. Which I had told her but I also made it a point not to advertise or shove it in her face. Minutes later I was in our bedroom getting some clothes and she started in with bs about how God didn't make me this way and I'm destroying his creation.

At work today they're buying lunch for all the girls in observance of Valentine's day. Although I was dragged away from my desk to help decide where we're getting lunch from, I'll see "how" included I am in things as they unfold through out today.

I'm starting to feel like I'm only being tolerated and not truly accepted.

2 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

how God didn't make me this way and I'm destroying his creation

So if a child is born with a cleft palate, they shouldn't have surgery because they will be destroying God's creation?

Sounds like you've had a rough day, yesterday. I'm sorry to hear that using injections set your wife off like that. Perhaps seeing you inject made it more "real" in her mind somehow?

Also hoping that your employer includes you in the lady's lunch.

• Forum Moderator

how God didn't make me this way and I'm destroying his creation.

Liz, I am so sorry that your wife feels this way.  The biology of being trans makes it clear that we are born this way.  So, God has made us transgender, and They don't make mistakes.  Unfortunately, that is not likely to be a convincing argument to your wife.

That's gotta be hard, I'm sorry you are going through this. Take the victories where you can find them.  The girls asking your opinion on the lunch is huge.  Be sure to thank them for including you, let them know these gestures mean a lot with all the challenges you go through.  They're adjusting too, and trying to switch their emotional connections from treating you like a man to the woman you are.  When we were men, we may not have had as much emotional intelligence and retraining ourselves that it's OK to let people know how they affect us/letting people in emotionally is a skill we often have to develop.   My moment with my staff was when someone did something really nice and I just broke down crying with gratitude. A couple of them kinda laughed and said things like- "aww-you are one of us now aren't you."  lol.  They had done things nice for me before my transition but just got the typical, "thanks, it means a lot" in a monotone voice devoid of emotion.  

Does your wife go to any support/therapy to help her with this change?  As tough as it is for us, it's really hard on them and they need support.  Most of their usually ways of getting support-ie girl friends- aren't really there for them. Transitioning spouses are so rare and there is so much misinformation out there most of their friends are useless for support.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone,

My coffee was the usual HOT, black and strong.

For breakfast I cooked Bob Evans link sausage, and Pure Michigan Blueberry Pancakes with real butter because I trust cows, more than I trust chemists, Vermont maple syrup.

@Bri2020you hit it out of the park with the back pain advice and the emotional acceptance we need as changes happen to us and the people around us. 

@Emily michelleI'm so happy that you're seeing the milestones of your transition realized.

@ElizabethStarI hope your up and down relationship with your wife can remain positive. It sounds to me that your coworkers are opening the door for you to the woman you are.

Hugs,

Mindy in fitness gear????‍♀️

Wow, heavy stuff this morning. It brings tears to my eyes.

Liz, I don't know that I can add to the other comments that would help. Just know that I care and am hoping Things get better for you. I guess you feel more of a friend to me because you live somewhat close to me. Hang in there girl. We're all pulling for you.

As far as God goes, I don't think He/She pays any attention to biology. I think we are here to progress. I've become more spiritual and less religious over the years. People make mistakes as well as doing well. It's how we deal with it is what matters. I vote for LOVE.   Now I've broken my rule about not talking about religion or politics.

Jamie

5 hours ago, Chloe Cozee said:

Good Morning! I slept in and I'm still the first one here? Sipping coffee. It snowed last night, I will have to clear the driveway later. Three day weekend. I will probably practice my makeup skills today. I have a few new items to try.

Everyone have a great day!

Good morning. I slept in also. No new snow here. I look forward to doing makeup. Lucielle Sorella's femme secrets web page has some tips for transgenders. I've seen youtube videos also. Have fun.

Jamie

• Forum Moderator

Again I tried to sleep in no such luck. Liz I am sorry that your wife dumped on you. Hope things go well for you at work. I can see my wife doing the same thing if she knew about my patches. I've been able to hid them so far.

Being we are really girls in a male body are we not correcting a mistake.

A balmy 4 degrees. and a couple flakes I seen. Darn it mother nature if you are going to make it this cold lets have some snow with it. Just to make this cold weather worth something.

Everyone try and have a better day and stay warm.

Hugs

Kymmie

4 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Minutes later I was in our bedroom getting some clothes and she started in with bs about how God didn't make me this way and I'm destroying his creation.

I heard this message every day ffor 30 years from the churches we attended. It was programmed into us through sermons, conversations, media channels, reading material etc. I know exactly what’s going on in your wife’s head. The same words have come out of my own mouth while at the same time I was waging a war with myself on the inside. I had my first therapy session yesterday and I was explaining that I had attended a PFLAG meeting and opened up about the speech I was going to give the next day, and as I began to describe ghe response I got, I got so choked up I had to stop for a minute because I was too emotional to talk. The people at my old church disparaged these people and would never consider meeting with them and at the same time touting their own purity. It was a transformational moment, a Jesus moment, for me. 

maybe inviting your wife to a meeting or a group of people like this might help change her thinking. I had no idea how bigoted I was even after traveling this journey myself for a couple of months. It takes a while to undo all that programming.

one of the ladies sent me an email telling me to imagine her sitting in the audience as a momma bear with nothing but love and acceptance in her eyes. Sounds like you need a momma bear yourself.

sending hugs your way!

I woke up feeling like a truck hit me. Dehydrated, sore and headache.  I had the day off yesterday. yea right! Started with an early visit to the laser tattoo removal place.  They went to town a little more aggressively I think because I woke up this morning with massive blisters. My son got into town so we had to make a food warehouse run which lead to a lot of vacuum sealing and preservation. Then he wants to learn to make bourbon (he's a bartender/actor so we spent 12 hours mashing corn , rye and wheat.  That's a lot of physical labor.  25 gallons of mash of various grains now fermenting!

2 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

The same words have come out of my own mouth while at the same time I was waging a war with myself on the inside.

I know what you mean.   I was  transphobic big time, when all the time I was afraid to take a good look at myself.    

2 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Again I tried to sleep in no such luck. Liz I am sorry that your wife dumped on you. Hope things go well for you at work. I can see my wife doing the same thing if she knew about my patches. I've been able to hid them so far.

Being we are really girls in a male body are we not correcting a mistake.

A balmy 4 degrees. and a couple flakes I seen. Darn it mother nature if you are going to make it this cold lets have some snow with it. Just to make this cold weather worth something.

Everyone try and have a better day and stay warm.

Hugs

Kymmie

I agree! Let's have a good 10". Enough to break out the lawn tractor with plow.

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

I woke up feeling like a truck hit me. Dehydrated, sore and headache.  I had the day off yesterday. yea right! Started with an early visit to the laser tattoo removal place.  They went to town a little more aggressively I think because I woke up this morning with massive blisters. My son got into town so we had to make a food warehouse run which lead to a lot of vacuum sealing and preservation. Then he wants to learn to make bourbon (he's a bartender/actor so we spent 12 hours mashing corn , rye and wheat.  That's a lot of physical labor.  25 gallons of mash of various grains now fermenting!

Hope you feel better. Does tattoo removal leave scars or different colored skin? I have 6 tattoos myself. 

I have a lot of respect for the pioneer women. They had tough lives.

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar I  think I mentioned that my wife got upset about the refill cost of my estradiol injections. Made it worse she was driving and had to tell the pharmacy asst no I didn’t need more syringes yet.  She gives me a dirty look if she comes in on me preparing or giving myself the shot. Like you, I try to pick a time when she is busy elsewhere.

as for messing with something God made and he doesn’t make mistakes I agree with the other comments here.  God made you transgender that has been medically proven.  There are passages in the Bible that generally support transgenders.  Look for Austin Hartke in Facebook particularly when he is speaking about Transforming.  He is transgender and went to seminary, is an Anglican priest and talks about this from the biblical point of view.  He also has a book called Transforming available on Amazon.

willow

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

I know what you mean.   I was  transphobic big time, when all the time I was afraid to take a good look at myself.    

My wife has told me that the things that people are most against are things that they struggle with in their own lives.

Thank you everyone for your kind support. I’m going to have to have some hard conversations at home.

My people at work have been good to me today. One of the girls complimented me on my outfit.   Then we joked about how neither of us could remember where we are ordering lunch from. We’re getting sushi so I’m having a cheat day as well. 

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

Thank you everyone for your kind support. I’m going to have to have some hard conversations at home.

My people at work have been good to me today. One of the girls complimented me on my outfit.   Then we joked about how neither of us could remember where we are ordering lunch from. We’re getting sushi so I’m having a cheat day as well. 

That's awesome. enjoy.

Take some deep breaths and calm yourself before the conversations. We are with you.

Jamie