• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

30 minutes ago, Willow said:

@Erica Gabriel sorry you have to deal with these issues at work.  But it sounds like you are handling them well.  I got clocked in Portland by a very rude person and it was really unsettling for me.  First Portland of all places, then her staring to the point of turning around to continue to stare after I was beyond her.  I’ve been clicked before but never like that.  

And what did your coworker think was going to happen with you in the ladies restroom?  Some people just don’t get what we are about.

Most people have no idea and really don't care. I've had very few of my co-workers ask me about my transition. I think it makes people uncomfortable with their own gender identity and sexual preference. I work with a minister who won't acknowledge me and I've heard that there was a woman in my office who thought I could see over the stalls. I have a lot of allies in my office too, but I know that there will always people who hate me no matter what I do. Their loss, right?

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Erica Gabriel said:

I learned to gauge how well my makeup and hair is on a given day by how many eye rolls she gave me as we passed by each other. More eye rolls meant I was doing a great job.

That's a great human gauge to use. 👀 I hope the rest of your co-workers just get use to you being the woman you are.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

On 12/14/2021 at 11:32 PM, Elizabeth Star said:

Met with my therapist today. During the session I expressed my concerns about the long wait time for my consult. She suggested, I don't know why I think of it, to see if I can get a consult for bottom surgery at the same time. I'm planning to make the call tomorrow to find out.

When you say Top Surg are you referring to BA or FFS. A long wait for FFS I understand, BA not so much. Anyone can do a BA so shop around if you want one sooner.  And absolutely get a consult ASAP for bottom surg.  You can always schedule for a later surgical date if the timing isn't convenient.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:09 AM, Jamie68 said:

There's Kelly Inc in Oak Park or Precision in Wilmette & Chicago. Oak Park is closer, but Precision I think is probably better. More expensive also. 

I just got done with my second visit to Precision. After the 1st I was miserable and thought they must have been "too aggressive" because it took 6 weeks to really start to feel better from it. That said, when I got into my second visit she said that I barely had any regrowth on the scrotal and penile areas and only took an hour to clear that. She hadn't gotten to the perineum the 1st go so cleared that in another 2.5-3hrs.  5 days later, I'm not uncomfortable at all from that since it's not as sensitive. Yes, they aren't cheap, but in the end I think it will be faster so you save money by not going back. She thinks I will only need 3-4 treatments rather than 5-6.  I asked them to do my face at the same time. so 2 people worked on that for 7.5 hours- ugh that was fu%&*ing brutal but they cleared a huge amount.  total cost for sedation, numbing shots and 3 technicians was just shy of $4k!  I'm not convinced the sedation was worth it. Get a doc to prescribe valium at $5 a pill and take them when you get there.  I think that would save $600 or so. 

On 12/15/2021 at 10:35 AM, Vidanjali said:

Morning, all. The coffee is being enjoyed at a blessed leisurely pace this morning as my fall semester ended yesterday. I have a couple weeks off before the next batch of students come in. I'm going to get my covid booster today. Much love to you all. 

I'm on the same schedule coffee wise- first morning in forever I don't have to rush out. Even put on a second pot of decaf to continue the pace. Coffee + Nora Jones + recliner = good start to the day.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:27 AM, KathyLauren said:

I just got my test results: negative.  I don't have covid.  I still feel like crap, but at least it's a better grade of crap.  Probably just a nasty cold.

Thank the goddess. I'm in lockdown mode to make sure I don't get exposed before my vacation in 2 weeks. N95 masks when I go out and I'm vax x3 plus flu vax.

21 hours ago, Jamie68 said:

There are plenty of medical reasons for not getting the covid shot. Do a little more research before you judge. 

there are truly very, very few.  Basically allergies to components. That's it.  Some people may not be "comfortable with the risk/benefit ratio" based on their medical condition but the only "exception" that qualifies is a known and documented allergy to the components. Temporary exemptions can be if you have an active infection.  I get that people were hesitant, especially if they have certain autoimmune problems. There wasn't too much data in the beginning to see how people would react but with 100s of millions doses administered all those fears seem to be unfounded. Of course there are rare complications from any vaccine but that's a whole different argument. 

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

My personal favorite excuse is, "They're injecting a tracking chip!" Bitch, you carry a cell phone. Nobody needs to insert a tracking chip.

My next favorite is that it turns you into one of the Nephilim. By hatching a synthetic parasite inside your body apparently.

People.

Hugs!

Hadn't heard either of these excuses. Both are true "facepalm" moments...

• Forum Moderator
52 minutes ago, Willow said:

I have to remove the FlexSeal before I can patch it.

Good morning @Willow

I used FlexSeal for the keel seam, and bucked rivets on my 1985 aluminum canoe. My experience is that a spring application lasts the season, or until the first freeze. FlexSeal isn't a repair, it's a patch. 

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Coffee is nice and hot this morning. Last work day of the week for me today.  Coffee always tastes better on a cold day.

I’ve been working out nearly daily for the last couple of weeks trying to lose weight. Not much just 15 minutes of cardio and a few calisthenics on work days and at least 1 longer harder workout on one of my off days. But I think I might be over during it a little. Yesterday and today really I’m so freaking tired. Didn’t workout yesterday and probably won’t again today. Got the weekend off so I’ll do one good workout this weekend. 

1 minute ago, JustineM said:

15 minutes of cardio and a few calisthenics on work days and at least 1 longer harder workout on one of my off days. But I think I might be over during it a little. Yesterday and today really I’m so freaking tired. 

This is great that you're doing this for yourself, @JustineM . And a healthy insight that you may be overdoing it. Depending on how conditioned you were before you adopted this new routine, your body will need some time to adjust. Try not to be frustrated when you're tired because it'll pass. Don't let your brain tell you that you can't do it, or it's just not for you. Just try to go with the flow and make the adjustments you need. Persist as you make good decisions and you will get the results you dream of. You may also want to look into nutritional supplements that can help with post exercise fatigue or soreness. Also, consider just reducing the intensity of what you're doing as an option on days you feel tired but are concerned about breaking routine for too many days. Good luck!!! 

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

My next favorite is that it turns you into one of the Nephilim. By hatching a synthetic parasite inside your body apparently. 

🤣 I, for one, welcome our new celestial overlords.

• Forum Moderator
27 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

Coffee + Nora Jones + recliner = good start to the day.

For me that usually comes to: coffee+ good book + recliner= ZZZZZZZZZZ

LOL

@Willow I have to say it. I'm sorry you are having problems with your dingy. BIG LOL

We up early on a day off. I must be mental or something. Please don't answer that. So, took a nice shower. shaved, then broke into my supplies and got out my Twisted Peppermint body cream. Feels good to have some again. To bad it is a Xmas item.

I just noticed something yesterday. The E I am taking maybe finally working. My boobs are either getting larger or firmer. As I am starting to get a little cleavage when I wear a tight sports bra. yay.

Have a great day, everyone. Stay warm. Just waiting to go to my mani/pedi appointment.

Hugs all

Kymmie

2 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Coffee + Nora Jones + recliner = good start to the day.

Morningtime music...I don't know why I never think to do that! After reading that, I've put on a holiday jazz cd I happened to have lying around.

I'll have to turn it off soon, though. Need to head out for work early today so I can drop off a couple christmas packages at the post office on the way, and I have no idea how long the lines are going to take...

23 minutes ago, Heather Nicole said:

Morningtime music...I don't know why I never think to do that! After reading that, I've put on a holiday jazz cd I happened to have lying around.

I'll have to turn it off soon, though. Need to head out for work early today so I can drop off a couple christmas packages at the post office on the way, and I have no idea how long the lines are going to take...

I love music to start my day plus I have really bad tinnitus so background white

noise is a must

I like the radio on first thing while I'm tidying up.  See what comes on, and, it being December, xmas music is never far away.  I've had too many bad christmases in the past, alone or unhappy, I intend to enjoy them now, and party (socially distanced of course).  I have to make up for lost time.  I'm 58 now, I was 50 before I had an actual proper happy xmas.  Thank you to the friends who made that possible.

5 hours ago, Willow said:

Good morning everyone 

I have scheduled a Covid test for this morning.  Why?  Because of being out of the country where the vaccine isn’t easy to get.  I’m pretty certain I didn’t get it.  We were pretty cautious but you never know.  And since I have my follow up appointment from my surgery next week, I don’t want anything to prevent that.  

I didn’t sleep well last night.  Too warm then too cold. I moved from our bed to our couch.  I also made the mistake of drinking too much water after dinner so that didn’t help.  I was up several times for that.

today will be our last warm day.  A cold front comes through tonight dropping our highs by 20 degrees.  Then it will slowly warm back up.  Eventually it will drop and stay there but that’s the south for you.  

I’ve been trying to track down air leaks in my dingy.  I fixed one only to find it leaking near by.  So I made a larger patch and covered a large area.  Success!  Alas, no.  I found two more leaks.  These are all in the inflatable floor.  There is a circle ️ that allows you to get to the keel inflator and so far every leak has been in the original seal between the two sides.  The glue you have to use is expensive and hard to get the right combination of glue and activator.  25 to one ratio.  With a short pot life.

I’ve tried lots of different ideas to seal leaks in my free dingy.  From FlexSeal (I can’t recommend that for anything, to various pvc glues, to the one I am using now.  Good news it works, bad news it’s over $50 for a small kit.  I was given a Zodiac brand that was in bad shape first.  But try as I did, I could fix it.  Then for a 6 pack of Guinness I got a Saturn 330.  It’s bigger than the Zodiac was.  The last owner tried using FlexSeal and made a mess.  So when I find a leak, I have to remove the FlexSeal before I can patch it.  Also the other remain sticky for a long time.  I have no doubt it works in some applications but not to seal a dingy.  And since a dingy could be your life raft you better be sure it’s in good shape.

have a great day, and a great weekend.  Remember, you have to be good!  Santa Claus is coming to town.

Willow

I've spent many a happy hour in the last two years caulking, sanding and painting a boat a friend of mine purchased.  And where did he site this boat? In woods, on top of a hill.  And the trailer rusted away.  It's still sat there, we can't get it off the ground onto a new trailer, and can't get anything up there to lift it !!!!

• Forum Moderator
21 minutes ago, Vidanjali said:

Just hatched. Gulf fritillary butterfly. 

20211217_131958.thumb.jpg.9fd156f01f8b7f25ba450154f3db4da9.jpg

That's beautiful.

Thank you for sharing all these

My friend Ray sent me this: "Fact: 1,172 known active cases of Covid in Cambridge yesterday. Plus - how many “unknown“ cases?"

Yikes this COVID thing is blowing up big time again—stay safe everyone.

Mask up, boost up.

hugs,

Davie 

• Forum Moderator

Hey, guys and Dolls. I just got back from my Mani/pedi I feel so girly right now. My hands and feet are so soft. I feel great. I recommend that anyone wanting to pamper themselves go get one. 

Girly hugs to all.

Kymmie

4 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Hey, guys and Dolls. I just got back from my Mani/pedi I feel so girly right now. My hands and feet are so soft. I feel great. I recommend that anyone wanting to pamper themselves go get one. 

Girly hugs to all.

Kymmie

got my Pedi yesterday, way overdo and much enjoyed! Mani next week I think

I don’t know how you can make the case for being anti vaxx and pro life. Seems like a bona fide pro life position would be concerned about the elderly and infirm catching Covid and dying a gruesome death on a ventilator. 

I read a fascinating article the other day about the “science” behind the assumptions everyone is making.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-teeny-tiny-scientific-screwup-that-helped-covid-kill/?aud_dev=21q4&fbclid=IwAR2WqNWiEXOR9_-4E4ppufGGfLL1lz8p0GbU0j-XWVfFYsL1_bI9s5R6YxM&kwp_0=2050458&mbid=paid-auddev&utm_campaign=paid-auddev-21q4-arbitrage&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Ever wonder where ideas like the 6ft rule and the 5 micron boundary between droplets and aerosols originated? This is a fascinating journey through footnotes in out of date books from the 40’s and 50’s weaving through the “debunked” miasma of historical lore regarding the spread of contagion like mal-aria, defense treatises on chemical warfare, and the blind unquestioned repetition of a sacrosanct number by global authorities, the Herculean effort required to overturn “settled science,” and the impact of dogmatic resistance to change on the lives of millions of innocent people.

Well maybe I’m being a bit hyperbolic, but not by much. This is how we end up with “armed” camps waging Twitter wars, armed with facts from their “trusted” sources. 

They say “trust the science.” I would agree if that was limited to the “scientific method,” but not to “trust the scientists“.

Hoo boy. Ok time to take my tranqs.

• Forum Moderator
33 minutes ago, Davie said:

My friend Ray sent me this: "Fact: 1,172 known active cases of Covid in Cambridge yesterday. Plus - how many “unknown“ cases?"

Yikes this COVID thing is blowing up big time again—stay safe everyone.

Mask up, boost up.

Yeah, here, too.  Three weeks ago, we were maintaining a steady background rate of about 20 cases per day.  This week, Monday to Friday, the numbers have been 114, 127, 178, 287, 394.  Eek, that's not a good trend!  It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

Just hatched. Gulf fritillary butterfly. 

Oh my goodness! SO pretty!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Good evening 

catching up I read several postings I wanted to comment on.  For example, I’m certain FlexSeal works under the right circumstances but for me it stayed sticky, but after sitting in the sun most of the summer it has completely dried out and cracked.

My dingy is down to two small leaks, and I know where the are.  I just have to take the time to fix them and hope I don’t have any others.  I do have other things that need help, but they are gluing rub guards and similar nothing that leaks air.  I also have a Honda 2 hp engine for it that a friend gave me. I need to get that running, it hasn’t run in 12 years.  

I think a boat in the woods that is too heavy to get on a trailer is an interesting challenge.  I’ve been known to become very inventive when it comes to mechanical advantage to accomplish tasks I otherwise can’t do.  For example pulling a Diesel engine out of a floating boat, transferring it to another floating boat and reinstalling it.  An aluminum ladder, a chainfall and an aluminum painters board.  

Covid test results, Negative!

Living on our boat is cramped and we are always tripping over the dog our asking each other to move.  However, my wife pointed out a good thing about it.  Here we live like hermits. We rarely see anyone else except the the couple that are 7 or 8 slips away.  So our risk of getting Covid from someone else is greatly diminished.

@KymmieL I may have my wife on my side for lots more things but mani pedi are definitely still off limits.  Glad to hear you are growing a pair.  

Willow

11 hours ago, Bri2020 said:
On 12/15/2021 at 3:09 AM, Jamie68 said:

There's Kelly Inc in Oak Park or Precision in Wilmette & Chicago. Oak Park is closer, but Precision I think is probably better. More expensive also. 

I just got done with my second visit to Precision. After the 1st I was miserable and thought they must have been "too aggressive" because it took 6 weeks to really start to feel better from it. That said, when I got into my second visit she said that I barely had any regrowth on the scrotal and penile areas and only took an hour to clear that. She hadn't gotten to the perineum the 1st go so cleared that in another 2.5-3hrs.  5 days later, I'm not uncomfortable at all from that since it's not as sensitive. Yes, they aren't cheap, but in the end I think it will be faster so you save money by not going back. She thinks I will only need 3-4 treatments rather than 5-6.  I asked them to do my face at the same time. so 2 people worked on that for 7.5 hours- ugh that was fu%&*ing brutal but they cleared a huge amount.  total cost for sedation, numbing shots and 3 technicians was just shy of $4k!  I'm not convinced the sedation was worth it. Get a doc to prescribe valium at $5 a pill and take them when you get there.  I think that would save $600 or so. 

Thanks for the response. That's cheaper than I thought. I don't plan to do my facial hair yet. I think Precision is the way to go. I left a message at Kelly Inc 2 days ago. They didn't respond. My doctor wrote a letter for me to hopefully get my insurance to cover costs. Hope it works. 

On another subject, I got my blood test results back today. My "T" actually went up. "E" stayed the same. They bumped up my Estradiol dose a little and put me back on Spiro to take along with the Progesterone. I didn't expect my results to go the opposite way. My wife is worried about side effects from Spiro. She was already concerned about upping the dose, let alone adding Spiro.

Good long day,customers paid their bills.Road call I had to go to,customer's combine blew an oil line and replaced the oil line.This customer is a good customer whom pays me on the spot and never complains about the bill

• Forum Moderator

@Jamie68 I too was unaware that spironolactone had several undesirable side effects.  For example another use for it is lowering blood pressure.  I learned that when mine dipped below 100.  Getting off spironolactone was one reason for my bottom surgery.  I know that I will have to remain on female hormones for the rest of my life since I don’t have testosterone but I’m ok with that.

I weaned off the spironolactone first dropping a third because of the blood pressure, then another third a week before my surgery and my last pill was the day before the surgery.  I also was told to reduce my progesterone but not the estradiol.  My first post surgery blood work will be next week.

I can only say, we all react a little differently to hrt hence the reason we shouldn’t share dosages.  What works for one may be too much or too little for the next.

Willow