• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

3 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Yeah, Ebay isn't always a good deal.  At least most of the time you can return them.  Of course, purchasing and programming is my GF's department.  I rarely even drive now. 

I did go out with one of my partners this morning.  She hasn't driven since 2019 due to seizures.  2020 was a really bad year for her (stress), and she stopped driving entirely.  She wanted to try it again since she's been seizure-free for several months.  Of course, she won't be driving solo.  Probably not ever, but if she can do it she might be able to go out with one of the older kids.  Somebody who can at least get the car to the side of the road and make a phone call.  Thankfully, we've got a cat that detects her seizures coming and provides 2-3 minutes warning, so we took her along also.  I'm hoping that if she can drive again, it can give her a bit more freedom in her life.  She rarely leaves the house. 

That really stinks to have to rely on people that much. I'm on an anti seizure medication that is used for that and mood stability. I enjoy driving just not more than 6 hours. I can handle it but it gets boring really quick. 

• Replies 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Ashley0616 My partner doesn't seem to mind, but I think this year she's craving some more independence than she's had.  Her seizures are due to TBI from a car wreck as a teenager.  The worst part of it was that her boyfriend at the time actually left her half-conscious in the car as it burned.  He was the driver and responsible for it, and didn't even bother to try pulling her out.  I can't imagine somebody betraying a partner like that. 

So, she's got some emotional issues that go along with the seizures.  2020 stressed her out badly with Covid, civil unrest/violence, and our husband's increased duties away from home.  She's been calmer the last few months, so I'm hoping she'll be more open do getting out of the house and doing some new things.  We're going to the county's Independence Day events (including a ball), and I've been working with my GF putting some finishing touches on the dress she's going to wear.  She's going to look so pretty!  😍 

9 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

@Ashley0616 My partner doesn't seem to mind, but I think this year she's craving some more independence than she's had.  Her seizures are due to TBI from a car wreck as a teenager.  The worst part of it was that her boyfriend at the time actually left her half-conscious in the car as it burned.  He was the driver and responsible for it, and didn't even bother to try pulling her out.  I can't imagine somebody betraying a partner like that. 

So, she's got some emotional issues that go along with the seizures.  2020 stressed her out badly with Covid, civil unrest/violence, and our husband's increased duties away from home.  She's been calmer the last few months, so I'm hoping she'll be more open do getting out of the house and doing some new things.  We're going to the county's Independence Day events (including a ball), and I've been working with my GF putting some finishing touches on the dress she's going to wear.  She's going to look so pretty!  😍 

WOW! That is messed up. I have had three TBIs two in Iraq and one in training for a deployment. I couldn't imagine someone being so selfish! I can imagine that she'll look pretty. I hope that y'all have a good time out there. 

@Ashley0616 I've heard that TBI was one of the most common injuries in Iraq.  Of course, not many people want to talk much about their time in the military.  One of my older brothers was deployed there (Navy).  We weren't close even back then, and I know basically nothing.  Same with my husband.  He was a National Guard NCO, and I know basically nothing aside from his MOS.  And his father was in Vietnam and is even more tight-lipped about it. 

4 minutes ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

@Ashley0616 I've heard that TBI was one of the most common injuries in Iraq.  Of course, not many people want to talk much about their time in the military.  One of my older brothers was deployed there (Navy).  We weren't close even back then, and I know basically nothing.  Same with my husband.  He was a National Guard NCO, and I know basically nothing aside from his MOS.  And his father was in Vietnam and is even more tight-lipped about it. 

I have no problem talking about it. I'm a very open person. It sometimes helps to talk about things instead of bottling them up. I also had a concussion when I was in high school football. I was out for at least five minutes. The nose tackle was able to get under me and made me going flying. I fell head first and heard a snap before I blacked out. They of course didn't let me play anymore that day. I consider myself to be lucky to not be brain dead with all the stuff I have been through. 

Hi,

Hope you are all well. It's been a little while since I posted. The weather has been quite warm and I don't deal with it very well.

I wore my Groundies ballerina shoes over the weekend, first time wearing something like that I public. A small thing, but it's confidence building.

Anyway, hope you all have great days 

3 hours ago, Ashley0616 said:

I have no problem talking about it. I'm a very open person. It sometimes helps to talk about things instead of bottling them up. I also had a concussion when I was in high school football. I was out for at least five minutes. The nose tackle was able to get under me and made me going flying. I fell head first and heard a snap before I blacked out. They of course didn't let me play anymore that day. I consider myself to be lucky to not be brain dead with all the stuff I have been through. 

Omg I felt that since I have to imagine everything someone tells me and I literally saw you flying, I am glad you had no head damage back then.

2 minutes ago, Alessia said:

Omg I felt that since I have to imagine everything someone tells me and I literally saw you flying, I am glad you had no head damage back then.

It was scary and I even heard the coaches cuss. It seemed like all went in slow motion. 

6 minutes ago, Ashley0616 said:

It was scary and I even heard the coaches cuss. It seemed like all went in slow motion. 

But you are fine that is all that matters. :)

7 minutes ago, Alessia said:

But you are fine that is all that matters. :)

You are definitely correct  

Had another one of those occasions where I go into a clothing place and the only people there are the sales people. I would have been nervous doing even this kind of shopping until the last few years, but today I ended up talking about what it's like to have to fill out gender/pronoun questions back when closeted, how your chance of passing declines if you speak with your deep voice, how I've just about decided on a new name and other such things while also shopping for what I went for, eventually other customers came in and I didn't even bother to notice who's able to hear what. 

14 minutes ago, RhondaS said:

Had another one of those occasions where I go into a clothing place and the only people there are the sales people. I would have been nervous doing even this kind of shopping until the last few years, but today I ended up talking about what it's like to have to fill out gender/pronoun questions back when closeted, how your chance of passing declines if you speak with your deep voice, how I've just about decided on a new name and other such things while also shopping for what I went for, eventually other customers came in and I didn't even bother to notice who's able to hear what. 

My last visit to the mall the access bus driver that picked me up was quite surprised. Her paperwork said she was picking up a male, and a lady in a wheelchair with a bigger bust than her was waiting on the curb for her. 

That really opened up quite the conversation on the way home. 

Of course she wanted to know if I'm on HRT, but I'm not. That is of course right now, but the doctor might start low dose soon due to perimenopause symptoms. 

Anyway, other passengers also boarded and we just continued talking. She said she has never met an intersex person before, but I told her she has probably met hundreds of them and didn't know it. It's just in my case my body didn't like the doctor's gender assignment and developed female instead. 😉

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

first cup gone, going in for a second.

Yesterday was not the best day.  Started low, went high then bad, followed by really bad.

So I get to work at 9, our assistant manager was in charge.  While we didn’t really have words, she seemed a bit cranky towards me.  Then I get a text from my daughter, can we talk about our granddaughter coming and staying with us.  Now I’m thinking for the summer until school starts.  My wife answers that I’m at wor, can we talk after 5.  I answer as far as I’m concerned she can come and stay as long as she and her mom agree.  Still thinking it’s for the summer.  To be  Continued later in this.

now, it’s 2pm.  The asst mgr left at noon, her shift completed.  The “old man” left at 2.  No big deal, his relief is due in at 2.  But she is always late.  things get busy but I can handle it.  People may have to wait a bit longer than normal but everyone gets what they want.  Now as shift lead I’m in charge since noon.  That means nothing other than I handle issues but “old man” has worked there 13 years, knows way more than I do.  2pm becomes 3pm still no second person.  3:10 she walks in and clocks in.  Suddenly my credit card machine goes down.  Strange but Apple Pay/Tap works but not the chip reader.  Help is in no hurry to get started even though I’m crippled.  She finally takes her first person bur I take 6 before she’s done with 1.  #2, I finish the line.  It’s nearly 4pm a customer wants me to manually enter numbers for a lottery ticket.  Now, understand, the machine is capable of that but there is too much chance of the customer rejecting the ticket so our policy is that we won’t manually key a ticket.  Turns out, she’s been doing it for this customer.  After he’s gone we talk about it.  She is unwilling to accept that she is not supposed to do that it’s against our policy.  “But I’ve been doing this for years, I know how” the instructional conversation breaks down.  I’ve had enough of her and I close my register, count out and make my deposit into the safe and do my paperwork and leave.  Oh and while doing my paperwork I discover she had knocked out the internet plug for the registers.

called the mgr and when he didn’t answer the asm to tell someone I was “calling out for the day and why.

now back to my daughter.  We called her back but I get a text I can’t talk now.  Ok not unusual I figure she’s at work.  10:pm still no call.  She goes to bed between 9 and 10 because as a nursing supervisor she has to be at work by 6 and doesn’t get to leave before 7:30 to 8pm.  

Turns out, she has her daughter at the ER because she’s had another mental breakdown.  The only way to get her in a facility is through that process.  The thought had been this could be averted if she had come here.

so all in all not a good day.

Pride discussions sound great.  Glad you got a mom hug, met up with an old friend, had a crowed train ride etal.

hugs

Willow

Oh my gosh, @Willow! What a day you had. I certainly hope today is better than yesterday and that your granddaughter is OK.

I've been dealing with some extended family mental health issues and it just gets so frustrating because I want to help but really can't. It was so frustrating yesterday that it finally just sucked me into an afternoon of depression. Ugh. My wife was out for the day so I didn't have anyone here to help lift me up...but she saw it in my face as soon as she came through the door and yanked me out of it. An hour later we were both wearing skirts and heels, sitting down for a cocktail, an hors d'oeuvre followed by dinner. I am so blessed to have her as my wife.

Right now I'm taking a quick break from cleaning the house, then we're out to do a little grocery shopping.

Be safe and remember to look for the good in every day.

• Forum Moderator

Sorry @Willow that you had to go through that. I can totally understand how you feel about your co-worker going against policy. One of the reasons I stepped down. I would tell someone that they couldn't do something. They understand yet do it again in 5 min. With me I had no support with management.

Well looks like I will be off work for a while again. So, yesterday I am checking out of my appointment. My phone rings, see it is my wife. "Hi, Honey."  A male voice: "Mr. H this is paramedic... your wife had a fall at work we are taking her to the ER."  SO I run home. Change out of my skort, Grab one of my cars, I had taken the Explorer and the wife has trouble getting into it.

I show up at the ER. Xrays of both wrists. wind up have one broken and one possibly broken. so both are in splints. Her right is defiantly broken not absolutely sure on the left as she has broken it before and the old break is showing up. She may have broken it in the exact same place. We have an appointment with the orthopedic Dr. On Thur am. So I get to stay home and care for her.

Right now she is sleeping. I am at the dinning room on my laptop. Watching Oreo play, and keeping him chewing on the proper things. LOL.

Hugs

Kymmie

I'm getting a late start today.  But coffee, strong my help. I'm having a bit of a hard time today and kinda have that why bother feeling. I just wish I could be who I am inside on my outside too. Being trigender while being assigned male a few days after I was born is grinding on me today. There is so much I feel but can not express. I found out that the doctors wanted to remove my micro-penis and make me a girl! But my parents and grandparents said no! They should have taken the doctors advice. I just have days when I wish so bad that I could wear pretty colorful clothes,  but I have a family that would not understand. All my children are grown,  but now I have grandchildren as well as great grandchildren so you see the die has been cast and I made my choice but still I have these days.  I'm just having a pity party for one.

Just perhaps one more cup and I gotta go vacuum the pool, I have a special grandchildren that will want to swim soon.

Thanks for listening 

Sandy💖

11 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I'm getting a late start today.  But coffee, strong my help. I'm having a bit of a hard time today and kinda have that why bother feeling. I just wish I could be who I am inside on my outside too. Being trigender while being assigned male a few days after I was born is grinding on me today. There is so much I feel but can not express. I found out that the doctors wanted to remove my micro-penis and make me a girl! But my parents and grandparents said no! They should have taken the doctors advice. I just have days when I wish so bad that I could wear pretty colorful clothes,  but I have a family that would not understand. All my children are grown,  but now I have grandchildren as well as great grandchildren so you see the die has been cast and I made my choice but still I have these days.  I'm just having a pity party for one.

Just perhaps one more cup and I gotta go vacuum the pool, I have a special grandchildren that will want to swim soon.

Thanks for listening 

Sandy💖

Not living ones true self is difficult, trust me I know. 

I feel like when I was trying to pass as a man is when I had gender dysphoria, not now. I know who I am, and I have chosen to live it. 

There are those that don't understand, and I really don't care. Others that jump in with full support. 

It was really hard to just make that first step is all. 

My parents knew I was intersex and did nothing. Then expected me to just "man up". It is basically forcing someone to live a lie. 😉

I know your pain!

3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

We have an appointment with the orthopedic Dr. On Thur am. So I get to stay home and care for her.

Wow.  I hope she does ok.  Maybe she'll appreciate you more.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

We have an appointment with the orthopedic Dr. On Thur am. So I get to stay home and care for her.

I'm sorry she has taken such a bad fall. With both hands out of commission you'll be doing all the work around the house, as well as in the bathroom. Love, marriage, for better or worse, in sickness and health. Love on her as you nurse her back, and the effort won't be wasted. Love in action, not in words.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

@Willow sorry for the day that you have had. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

@KymmieL sounds like you didn't have a good day either. I hope it'll have a better outcome after meeting with the orthopedic.

Well today I had my upper and lower endoscopy. They only found out that I had hemorrhoids and couldn't figure out why I'm having abdominal pain. I hope it goes away. I still feel so sleepy with the anesthesia. I did take a little nap when I got home after eating something finally. 

Good evening!

I went back to the clothing store I visited yesterday where I chatted more openly than usual about being trans while shopping to pick up some shorts I decided I did need to get after a night's sleep. It's one of those places where they write your name on the fitting rooms and offer to bring you things, yesterday I gave my (future) dead name with its odd spelling saying that's what I'm going by for now. So today the employee I chatted up yesterday wasn't there, but the other one from yesterday was there, she remembered my name and its odd spelling. When she greeted me by name I regretted not giving her the name I think I've landed on so I could have heard it directed towards me for real!

11 hours ago, RhondaS said:

Good evening!

I went back to the clothing store I visited yesterday where I chatted more openly than usual about being trans while shopping to pick up some shorts I decided I did need to get after a night's sleep. It's one of those places where they write your name on the fitting rooms and offer to bring you things, yesterday I gave my (future) dead name with its odd spelling saying that's what I'm going by for now. So today the employee I chatted up yesterday wasn't there, but the other one from yesterday was there, she remembered my name and its odd spelling. When she greeted me by name I regretted not giving her the name I think I've landed on so I could have heard it directed towards me for real!

Your experience is so telling. You are clearly making progress.  And just as clearly you are going by how you feel.  We are neither stereotypical women nor men, so there is a chance we will stand out, be discussed, and remembered, maybe in a good way.  Or maybe in a way we don’t know.  We can never really know or control. All we know is how we feel.  All we can control is what we do and how it aligns with what we feel. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning news sponsored by Bold dark and hot

ive eaten my morning banana and first cup of black water.  Fed the dog and I’m still not fully awake.  Thank you for the well wishes.  I had yesterday and today off so that solved a big part of Monday’s issue.

Now for the granddaughter update,  the nurse they had to see didn’t get to them until 2am.  Then a psychiatrist in the morning who put her back on her medication finally another person had to see them and after over 36 hours in the ER they just got a bed.  Our daughter is exhausted.  

that’s all the news that is the news 🗞️.

@KymmieL sorry about your wife’s two broken wrists.  Besides time to heel, I would think  it’s going to take some rehab before she can use them again.  Yikes!  Speaking of yips, how is Oreo’s training going?  Do you watch America’s Got Talent?  There was a really good dog act last night.  You’ve got a lot of training to do.

Willow